PDA

View Full Version : Is this just the season?

Infowars87
16-11-17, 19:23
Throughout the past two weeks I feel like I've improved greatly with my anxiety , I've been leaving the house , driving , going on walks with my dog and other things that I haven't done for a while. I've had aches all over which I believe is a combination of inactivity and anxiety. Saw my doctor yesterday and said my heart and lungs sound great and my vitals are all normal. Over the past few days I've found myself short of breath when outside with my dog I've also had chest pain in the middle when stretching my shoulders back. In New England it is currently the season of transition from Fall to Winter , do you believe that these difficulties are due to the dry air and my inactivity in the past few months? Also to those who have experienced a few months of heavy anxiety does recovering get worse before it gets better?

cattia
16-11-17, 22:11
I can't answer about the seasonal question although I am in the UK and definitely experiencing a rise in my allergies now that it's Autumn. As for recovery, I feel like I've been doing a little better mentally these past few days after a couple of months of extreme intense anxiety, but my physical symptoms are just as bad, which is really discouraging. I guess it takes a while for oir bodies to recover and for us to come down from that hyper sensitised state.

EKB
17-11-17, 15:38
I found when I had really bad anxiety for a few months (I think mine was really bad for around 4 months where I was really inactive, and basically went from sitting rigid on the couch to sitting at work to curled up in bed - rinse repeat) I was really sore when I started moving around again. I'd get lots of muscle twitches all over too. I also found - and still do - when I'm stressed I'm prone to slouching, and then get that sore chest when trying to open it.

I also find the change in season to winter hard. It's harder to stay active, my anxiety goes up because it's darker and travel is more difficult, and of course then I feel all those physical effects that much more.

I think recovering from heavy anxiety is much like recovering from a full body injury or being really ill. Everything will be more difficult than you feel it should be, but if you keep up the work you are doing it will get better. It will feel slow, but it will come.

Keep up the good work! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk