PDA

View Full Version : Chest feels bruised...heart problem fears

oxoshannon
16-11-17, 23:33
Hiiiiii

On Sunday I had a massive heart palpitation as I was falling asleep and I’ve been anxious about it ever since.

Then the last few days my chest feels really bruised and hurts to touch, I’m so scared there’s something wrong with my heart :( but if it feels bruised to touch it must just be muscle tension surely?

Is a bruised feeling in the chest really just anxiety though? I’m just too scared to even sleep because I’m scared I’ll have a heart failure in my sleep 😔

Has anyone ever had this feeling with their chest?

LabRat
16-11-17, 23:44
Hello,
I have not had the exact feelings in my chest as you have, but maybe similar.
I've been dealing with "chest pains" since May. It came out of the blue and have bothered me since. It is kind of a burning/tense sensation right in the sternum area.
I've seen a cardiologist (stress test, etc..) heart is fine.
I've had a endoscopy and barium swallow. No GERD.
Docs seem to think that it is upper body muscle tension since the same pain has spread to my pecs, neck and shoulders.
For the record, I am also tapering off of long term Benzo use. benzos make great muscle relaxers.
I wish you luck.

oxoshannon
16-11-17, 23:47
Hello,
I have not had the exact feelings in my chest as you have, but maybe similar.
I've been dealing with "chest pains" since May. It came out of the blue and have bothered me since. It is kind of a burning/tense sensation right in the sternum area.
I've seen a cardiologist (stress test, etc..) heart is fine.
I've had a endoscopy and barium swallow. No GERD.
Docs seem to think that it is upper body muscle tension since the same pain has spread to my pecs, neck and shoulders.
For the record, I am also tapering off of long term Benzo use. benzos make great muscle relaxers.
I wish you luck.

Hi!

Strange what anxiety and muscle tension can do. This feeling is above my breasts and I have terrible muscle pains in my back muscles, shoulders etc. I guess I just never realise muscle tension can occur literally anywhere without it being sinister

LabRat
16-11-17, 23:57
Hi!

Strange what anxiety and muscle tension can do. This feeling is above my breasts and I have terrible muscle pains in my back muscles, shoulders etc. I guess I just never realise muscle tension can occur literally anywhere without it being sinister

If you are still concerned, it might ease your mind to get a Docs opinion.
Mine has spread to my upper back as well.
I start every day with a quick morning stretch now.
On youtube search Autumn Calabrese Upper Body Stretch. It's only about 3:39. I can't yet post links for I'm too new.

NervUs
16-11-17, 23:57
That bruise feeling to touch is most likely costochondritis and no big thing.

oxoshannon
17-11-17, 00:03
That bruise feeling to touch is most likely costochondritis and no big thing.

I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of that? I’ve stopped googling things so haven’t come across it!

NervUs
17-11-17, 00:10
Costochondritis is inflammation of the cartilage between the ribs. I get it fairly often and have it now. It can be caused by overuse, coughing, and you guess it anxiety! I always get it when I am in a an anxiety episode.

Dave_Lister
17-11-17, 22:17
Hiiiiii

On Sunday I had a massive heart palpitation as I was falling asleep and I’ve been anxious about it ever since.

Then the last few days my chest feels really bruised and hurts to touch, I’m so scared there’s something wrong with my heart :( but if it feels bruised to touch it must just be muscle tension surely?

Is a bruised feeling in the chest really just anxiety though? I’m just too scared to even sleep because I’m scared I’ll have a heart failure in my sleep ��

Has anyone ever had this feeling with their chest?

It could be costochondritis. Its harmless, but does cause discomfort.