PDA

View Full Version : Firm Lump Between My Bicep and Tricep

MarkyMark88
17-11-17, 19:58
Not here for a medical diagnosis but just wanted to vent since I've probably been annoying my gf all morning.

Last Sunday I noticed a small, painless lump on my arm between my bicep and tricep (outside part of my arm). I have about 6 to 8 lipomas on both of my arms that I first started getting when I was in high school, all of which stopped growing at marble size. I have a couple others on my torso. None are painless and can easily be moved and are kinda squishy.

The thing that worries me about this one is that it's much more firm than the others I have and I can't really move it around. Also I don't care for the location of it.

I lift weights regularly. Biceps, triceps, hammer curls to work out the outer bicep. One thing I read is that it could be microtrauma to the muscle and that the lump is the repair process to the muscle fibers. That helped me for a few days and then I did the stupidest f***ing thing and went on google again to search "muscle lump on upper arm". First link is to cancer.net and then I ended up reading a story about a woman that had a lipoma on her leg that turned into a sarcoma. :doh: Broke my number one rule and now I'm freaking out, sitting here at work constantly feeling that one area of my arm. Trying to move the lump so I can tell myself it's just a lipoma, just like all of the other ones I have, just like how the Dr said I will get more throughout my life.

I want to go to the doctor but I can't afford it right now with how my insurance plan is structured so I have to wait until the first of the year. Unfortunate way to go into Thanksgiving here in the states.

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Also, any guidance to help get my mind off of this would be much appreciated :)

tmckenzie-orr
17-11-17, 21:19
It’s horrible mate google is evil, 80% of what I know or over know is because of google years ago if I had a problem I’d go to the doctors and trust them now if I get a problem I go to Dr. Google and it’s the worse thing as I then think I have 100 different things, but deep down we know it’s probably ok, but we always think what If and that’s what Dr. Google loves, chill out mate see if it changes or not and try save up for a month to go see doctor probably all good tho

MarkyMark88
20-11-17, 14:11
Thanks for the advice! It hasn't changed or anything. It kinda just showed up. Who knows how long it has been there. It could have been chance that I rubbed my arm a certain way that day to finally notice it, seeing as you can't visually see it. I just can't get it off of my mind! :wacko:

tmckenzie-orr
20-11-17, 17:43
It’s just over focusing on it , try forget about it it won’t be nothing bad at all