PDA

View Full Version : I avoided Dr. Google and came here instead

Kimberleaf
17-11-17, 20:50
I have a bit of an embarrassing problem.

I think I have hemorrhoids. :weep: There is an uncomfortable feeling of fullness and pressure inside (I can tell which side it's on, too) and what feels like a lump. I am squeamish about these types of things so I have not looked or felt. It's inside but sometimes it feels a little like it might be toward the outside a tiny bit as well. It's worse if I'm sitting or standing for long periods of time and by the end of the day. No bleeding. I haven't been constipated but I did have a flare of my IBS with diarrhea for a week and during that time I exerted some extra pressure trying to uh..keep things in. :blush:

So, I came here because I had once seen someone mention a rectal prolapse in this forum. I was immediately drawn to looking it up on Google to see if my symptoms matched and then I stopped myself and came here instead. I guess looking for reassurance that it doesn't sound like something terrible. Are hemorrhoids dangerous? Does it sound like a rectal prolapse? At what point should I see a doctor (America here, and no money for an appointment so I tend to wait)? SHouldn't I look up rectal prolapse to be sure that's not what I have?? :weep:

tmckenzie-orr
17-11-17, 21:16
Hey no they are not dangerous or nothing to worry about so chill i