PDA

View Full Version : Potential lymphoma or other cancer?

NullifytheShark
18-11-17, 04:08
Earlier today, I was at the bookstore and I started feeling a bit of a wheeze coming along. I'm 20 years old, live at home, have a very inactive life right now, and I've had health anxiety since Summer.

I've had battles with chronic ear infections for the longest time now, and I eventually went down the slippery slope of looking up symptoms :/ But before I get into that, I've had 4 CTs since the Summer, I think one per month now, and I actually had an ultrasound that found a half-dollar sized growth on the back right side of my head, and I'm going to be getting surgery to get it removed hopefully by the end of the year. And the growth was referred to as a nodule.

All that said though, the growth has me very worried. I have lymph nodes swollen all over my head: 3 or 4 below my chin, some swollen by each ear, a small pair on the back of my neck, and now I've noticed a few near my collarbone. I've had infections in each area that could have caused them, though: ear infections in both ears, a furuncle/case of follucitis on my neck, and then a viral strain of meningitis.

There's been an infection around each area, but it sort of went in a chain: the ear infections started up after I started wearing headphones again, then I had the viral strain of meningitis about a month or so after the infections died down, and now I'm having throat symptoms. I have a sore throat and a lump feeling towards the end by my collarbone, as well as dry mouth and a hoarse voice. I have one hard, fixed lump on the back of my head, towards to left, about the size of a nickel, as well as a two very small, hard lumps above and below the lymph node behind my left ear, both no bigger than a small grain of rice.

Am I just worrying too much? I have an appointment set for next Tuesday, and I'm going to hopefully get a call on Monday to schedule the surgery, but there's so many other factors that can be at play here, and I'm so young, too :/ I don't want to worry about cancer at my age, but all of these symptoms have been so iffy and worrisome.