PDA

View Full Version : Sore lump under tongue

Anna3104
18-11-17, 19:42
Yesterday morning I discovered a lump under my tongue. It’s on that funny stringy bit that joins the tongue to your mouth. By the evening it was very sore and looks very red. Could this just be an ulcer? It’s so sore today it’s kind of giving me a bit of an earache! I’ve never had anything like it underneath like this! Due to my severe HA I’m convinced it’s mouth cancer 😩. Anyone had anything like this?

unicorndusy
18-11-17, 21:23
I've had these before, in fact there was a time where I had multiple mouth ulcers and this was before I had HA. This is nothing to worry about - try some bonjela? It works absolute wonders and numbs the area where you are sore. The reason it has become worse is probably because your anxiety has made it feel worse. It is certainly not mouth cancer, trust me!

Peace and love

Anna3104
19-11-17, 10:11
Thank you so much! Will go and get some bonjela today. It looks like a volcano this morning 😭😭 And SO sore! Feels about twice the size today than yesterday. Wish I didn’t assume the worst every time!

Elen
19-11-17, 10:27
rinse your mouth regularly with salt and water as well, works wonders

Anna3104
19-11-17, 22:42
Yes I’ve been doing this since Friday. Just been reading through related posts and came across some info that has freaked me out completely saying that cancerous ulcers are 99% always on the underside of the tongue!! Now I’m in a HUGE state. Has anyone had these ulcers under the tongue and are fine now?? The pain from it now seems to go down my neck on that side and up to my ear! Scared!!

LisaM_80
07-06-20, 17:59
Hi Anna I know this post was so long ago but I have this issue and wondered if yours went away. I hope you see this and reply please. Thanks Lisa