PDA

View Full Version : Fainting/PNES?

Haced
19-11-17, 02:08
If anyone else has seen the thread I made earlier this week, I've spent a good amount of time this week doing nothing but stressing out about brain cancer.

Earlier today I had a really short and quick fainting spell. No headache, no nothing other than me just fainting.

While I did not eat anything since yesterday's lunch before it, I assume that you all can more than understand my incredible fear after fainting.

The doctor I went to did a basic neuro exam and some minor testing and said that I was A-Okay and that I had no brain tumor, which I was delighted to hear about. But I have a question for all of you:

Have you fainted before because of your anxiety? It'd be nice to have some solidarity in this, because while the doctor did put me at ease, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still somewhat worried because of it.

heyitsmeyou
19-11-17, 12:23
Was this fainting a complete loss of consciousness? Did the Dr order any blood work? There are a million things it could be but a brain tumour doesn’t sound like one of them.

Annaboodle
19-11-17, 13:04
Yesterday lunch time until today is a long time to go without eating. A drop in blood sugar can cause fainting because your brain has lost a major energy source - glucose.

No I've never fainted due to anxiety. It was one of my fears during panic attacks until a doc explained that it was physically impossible to faint with my blood pressure shooting up like mine does in panic (low blood pressure can cause fainting and I had that during pregnancy).

I'm assuming here by fainting you mean you passed out totally and hit the floor losing consciousness? Some people talk about fainting spells when they mean light headedness/diziness and that isn't the same thing and can definitely be caused by anxiety.

Hope you're feeling better.

Haced
19-11-17, 13:23
It was a loss of consciousness for about 1-3 seconds.