PDA

View Full Version : I would not of had sex if i knew it can cause cancer, so stresse waiting for Results?

ashleep
19-11-17, 07:05
Why don't they tell u at school having sex can maybe cause cancer, omg waiting for the results sucks so much it's all i can think about
and I wish i didn't have sex at all. and my last bf slept with over 30 people so i have all his gross people he has sleep with as well. so i feel i have a high chance and being over 30 i feel like that when be more like to show

My hpv test so negative is that mean im least like to get it?
the nurse said no because there is so many strains, so thanks made my anxiety worse
Waiting for Test result is the worse i cant enjoy anything and freak out everytime my phone goes off and i have to turn Fb chat off, brcause i have to pretend to be fine, and i cant
And it really hurts when they open me up, so that must be a bad sign too, because no one seem to say it hurts

tmckenzie-orr
19-11-17, 08:40
Don’t be silly sex is not going to give you cancer it can give u hiv and other sexual transmitted infections but not going to give you cancer , the whole existence of this world is from having sex to create new life’s it’s not a bad thing so get that out your head

ashleep
19-11-17, 09:07
okay its just the lady asked me how many people i slept with, so that's why i thought that but sorry it probably was silly. anyways i am more just freaking out about the results.

Fishmanpa
19-11-17, 09:10
There are a few strains of HPV, that after many, many years have the slight chance to cause cancer. If you don't have HPV. There's no chance.

That being said, practicing safe sex will prevent you from being exposed or getting HPV so.....

Positive thoughts

Annaboodle
19-11-17, 09:17
Hi. Is there someone like your mum, a sister, auntie or other family member or friend you might feel comfortable talking about your worries with? I feel like you could really do with talking this over properly with someone.

No sex does not directly give you cancer. I understand how you've made that connection in your head with HPV, but read what Fishmanpa said above. Just make sure that you are using condoms to protect you from both unwanted pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections including HPV (all treatable infections, but it is best to protect yourself instead). There is nothing to fear if you are protected. Did you have an HPV vaccine at school by any chance?

If it is internal examinations you are talking about in your post (I wasn't totally sure from what you said?) yes, they can be uncomfortable or sore if you aren't relaxed. I've had two kids and they can still be uncomfortable for me, depending on how stressed and anxious I am. That doesn't mean anything at all is wrong though - I promise you.

I think you are waiting for the results of your smear test? Waiting is a pain, but try and find ways to distract yourself if you can - get out, see friends, watch a favourite movie - whatever activities you find are easiest to lose yourself in for a while.

Ellient
19-11-17, 16:09
If sex caused cancer I think we would all be pretty much dead and gone, it's a strain I believe from HPV which may cause a small chance of cancer as stated above.

Waiting for smear results can seem like forever but they're to help you really and you just have to find stuff to do while you wait and enjoy yourself, sitting worrying won't change the result of your smear either way so you should just do stuff you enjoy and wait and I bet you they will all come back fine.

Hope you're feeling better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashleep
22-11-17, 08:12
Omg i thought i was gonna find out today, but i got nothing. but she said it would take a week, well its a week tomorrow. but she said she would text or ring today. i cant take this waiting anymore, its drive me insane, I cant relax or enjoy anything.
But then if its not good news i don't want to know.
Do u think i should ring them tomorrow to see if they in?????
Please help, this is so hard. i never want to wait for a test again

O_O
22-11-17, 13:07
Don't worry. Nearly 100% of cervical cancers are caused by HPV, so if you're HPV negative for the 14 or so high risk strains then your risk of abnormal cells or cancer is extremely low.

WiredIncorrectly
22-11-17, 15:35
To be honest it's very worrying to learn HPV can cause Cancer. I wasn't aware of this but Google brought me up to speed. Not good :(

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Omg i thought i was gonna find out today, but i got nothing. but she said it would take a week, well its a week tomorrow. but she said she would text or ring today. i cant take this waiting anymore, its drive me insane, I cant relax or enjoy anything.
But then if its not good news i don't want to know.
Do u think i should ring them tomorrow to see if they in?????
Please help, this is so hard. i never want to wait for a test again

Relax :D I had Cancer. Every time I have a test I have to wait around a week for the results. Every time I go for testing it makes me nervous, and stressed. I was a horrible mess during the week I wait for my results.

I am much better at dealing with it now though. Worrying doesn't improve the chances of a good result. It also doesn't increase the chances of a bad result. Worry does nothing except cause fear. And fear turns into anxiety.

Fishmanpa
22-11-17, 15:36
There are only two strains out of 100 that can cause it and it's very rare that it does turn cancerous and that can take 10-30 years to do so!

Positive thoughts

O_O
22-11-17, 15:48
To be honest it's very worrying to learn HPV can cause Cancer. I wasn't aware of this but Google brought me up to speed. Not good :(

---------- Post added at 15:35 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Relax :D I had Cancer. Every time I have a test I have to wait around a week for the results. Every time I go for testing it makes me nervous, and stressed. I was a horrible mess during the week I wait for my results.

I am much better at dealing with it now though. Worrying doesn't improve the chances of a good result. It also doesn't increase the chances of a bad result. Worry does nothing except cause fear. And fear turns into anxiety.

Yes, it can cause cancer, but normally it takes many years of infection with a high risk strain. Most people clear the infection for themselves anyway. Besides, as a man, you're at an even lower risk of getting an HPV related cancer I believe. Are you HPV positive do you know? The strains of HPV that cause warts aren't linked to cancer.

Fish, I believe there are actually about 14 high risk strains that can eventually cause cancer, but two main ones - 16 and 18.

WiredIncorrectly
22-11-17, 15:53
Yes, it can cause cancer, but normally it takes many years of infection with a high risk strain. Most people clear the infection for themselves anyway. Besides, as a man, you're at an even lower risk of getting an HPV related cancer I believe. Are you HPV positive do you know? The strains of HPV that cause warts aren't linked to cancer.

Fish, I believe there are actually about 14 high risk strains that can eventually cause cancer, but two main ones - 16 and 18.

I'm not worried for myself, but it could be very worrying for someone with HA. I have already had Cancer. If I get it again ... there's nothing I can do about it. My Dad died from Cancer in January this year too. Cancer doesn't worry me like it used to.

Fishmanpa
22-11-17, 16:08

The incidence of others than 16 & 18 are not worth even mentioning. My H&N cancer was HPV+. My docs told me all about it as well as my own research. For me, it turned out to be a positive as HPV H&N cancers respond better to treatment. So it was a part of what caused my cancer (as well as lifestyle choices) but it was also a big part as to why I was able to beat it.

Positive thoughts