PDA

View Full Version : freckles moles

helenhoo
19-11-17, 10:13
not sure if one on cleavage has always been tiny bit raised and also not sure if new one cropped up.

Elen
19-11-17, 10:14
and the logical answer is?

helenhoo
19-11-17, 10:14
next to it, if its always been there.

Elen
19-11-17, 10:17
what are you going to do about it?

helenhoo
19-11-17, 12:06
Not sure, i know it common to havw new freckles and moles but this one in location. I have new one on leg i haven't panicked about so why this one?

It sort of ruined mood when on date night

---------- Post added at 12:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

in one photo from august I think it may be there but it's faint.

KK77
19-11-17, 13:10
in one photo from august I think it may be there but it's faint.

I think we'd need to see pic to judge ;)

Elen
19-11-17, 13:18
I think we'd need to see pic to judge ;)

Nooooooooooooooooooo no more pics please :D

nomorepanic
19-11-17, 13:20
Helen - there is nothing we can do about it and you have to work through this one on your own.

We don't need pictures of it as this will prove nothing.

YOU have to sort this one out yourself.

tmckenzie-orr
19-11-17, 13:25
It’s weird where skin cancer is so many health anxiety’s sufferers worry’s and that’s simply because we can see it and spot the changes etc or think should it be like this etc and question ourself , I’m sure it’s fine post a pic if u want too and sure we can judge but 99% will be down to your anxiety overthinking

KK77
19-11-17, 13:31
Nooooooooooooooooooo no more pics please :D

:noangel:

Bigboyuk
19-11-17, 14:43
It’s weird where skin cancer is so many health anxiety’s sufferers worry’s and that’s simply because we can see it and spot the changes etc or think should it be like this etc and question ourself , I’m sure it’s fine post a pic if u want too and sure we can judge but 99% will be down to your anxiety overthinking Hmm read Helens post history to get a better idea, pics aren't going to help her one bit! ATB

KK77
19-11-17, 15:55
Hmm read Helens post history to get a better idea, pics aren't going to help her one bit! ATB

Her posts haven't helped her much either, if you want to go into all this, but we can't stop Helen from starting new threads, can we? :shrug:

Bigboyuk
19-11-17, 16:28
Her posts haven't helped her much either, if you want to go into all this, but we can't stop Helen from starting new threads, can we? :shrug: No True KK but we can discourage her from posting pics though as we aren't medically trained and even if we were she wouldn't believe what we tell her, so see very little point in seeing any more pics:) ATB

KK77
19-11-17, 17:00
No True KK but we can discourage her from posting pics though as we aren't medically trained and even if we were she wouldn't believe what we tell her, so see very little point in seeing any more pics:) ATB

That doesn't stop others posting images of their bodily "parts" and we don't actively discourage them not to, so don't see any difference really. I was being facetious about her posting pic anyway, because Helen mentioned it, and was joking with Elen about it.

So each to their own view but ultimately Helen's choice ;)

tmckenzie-orr
19-11-17, 17:32
Sorry I guess I took a too long break from here, and don’t fancy going through everybody’s previous history lol, I just saying how it is, of course it won’t help her and she needs to refrain from seeking reassurance , but if somebody posts pictures we can give our logical opinion on the pictures without it effecting us and overthinking so we can think straight and if we think it needs a doctors opinion we need to say but it looks absolutely fine to us then we can say that and help the people from worrying about it

Josh1234
19-11-17, 17:36
Does your therapist know you're reassurance seeking online?

Fishmanpa
19-11-17, 17:46
Sorry I guess I took a too long break from here, and don’t fancy going through everybody’s previous history lo

It certainly can help in getting an overall picture and help you respond in a way that benefits the OP.

Positive thoughts

Elen
19-11-17, 18:16
That doesn't stop others posting images of their bodily "parts" and we don't actively discourage them not to, so don't see any difference really. I was being facetious about her posting pic anyway, because Helen mentioned it, and was joking with Elen about it.

So each to their own view but ultimately Helen's choice ;)

Please do not drag me into your post. There was no joke between us as I do not find it funny to mock other's posts whatever the reason behind the posting.

tmckenzie-orr
19-11-17, 18:24
Or maybe somebody could be kind enough to inbox me and keep me up to date with the people and there history etc, Obviously it was only a couple of days I was posting about my own skin cancer worry , but the reply’s I got actually helped put it down a couple of pegs so now I have just took pictures and measured the mole and will check again in a few weeks rather than focusing too much time on it, it can help to ask for reassurance once in a while as long as it’s not continuous and changing problens every 5 mins :) , be nice if somebody could keep me up to date with people though I been a member to this group for 4 years but come and go like a yoyo haha

KK77
19-11-17, 18:38
Please do not drag me into your post. There was no joke between us as I do not find it funny to mock other's posts whatever the reason behind the posting.

That's a hostile reaction. Obviously I was joking with myself then. And there is a difference between a joke and "mocking".

You have had a "joke" on members' posts in past too, so please don't get sanctimonious with me over this.

Elen
19-11-17, 18:49
if you were joking with yourself there was no need to mention my name

KK77
19-11-17, 19:17
As I said, I was having a joke with you. You have made it clear that you don't find it funny, which is fine. But don't accuse me of "mocking" people, because as you should know by now, there is more to KK than just "jokes".

What does strike me, however, is your hostile and angry tone, which isn't really necessary, as implicating you in anything untoward wasn't my intention.

bottleblond
20-11-17, 17:59
Probably a pretty pointless reply from me but this is why I can't be bothered with this place anymore.

People who take time out to reply to a post being brought down and bitched at yet the constant p*** takers are left to bring this site further and further down to the point of people losing complete respect for what was once, a very highly regarded, friendly and informative place to be.

So sad.

nomorepanic
20-11-17, 18:59
It still is Lisa so I don't know why you even have to say that.

bottleblond
21-11-17, 15:45
Not from what I can see, Nic!. I'm not saying that to be horrible but (certain members) seem to be able to freely post the biggest load of rubbish (and we know it's rubbish) yet another person makes an innocent comment and is shot down in flames for it. I don't see the logic, the friendliness or the fairness there.

It's happening all too often and I even received a pm from a member that I've never spoken to before agreeing with what I said and stated that they no longer feel welcome here after being a member for 5+ years.

Anyhoo that's just my opinion.

Take care.

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 17:56
We have repeatedly told members to ignore those posts and members if it is causing them upset/stress/anger whatever.

The other issue is between 2 members only so I don't see that as a biggie.

I can't help with the PM you received as I know nothing about it of course.

You are of course entitled to your opinion so no worries there.

bottleblond
21-11-17, 23:23
We have repeatedly told members to ignore those posts and members if it is causing them upset/stress/anger whatever.

The other issue is between 2 members only so I don't see that as a biggie.

I can't help with the PM you received as I know nothing about it of course.

You are of course entitled to your opinion so no worries there.

Nic, I have no intention in getting into a conflict with you. You are a good friend of mine and I hope, always will be.

The pm sent didn't need intervention. It was only another member giving an opinion, I didn't ask or intend for you get involved in it. I'm quite capable of answering that on my own. If nothing else, I can voice my own opinion.

Now what's for supper?. If you say Cheese on toast again, I'm disowning you!. :roflmao:

swajj
22-11-17, 09:09
If admin choose to join in and post on threads that’s fine. However, there is an expectation that they remain impartial. It’s the only way it can work really. Especially as they have the ultimate power in that they can, delete your posts, ban you from threads and terminate your membership. Most of the admins here are impartial. Most.....

Elen
22-11-17, 14:25
Admins are people too and are entitled to their individual opinions and have as much right to defend themselves personally as anyone else on this forum.

The only posts which are deleted (apart from duplicates and spam, are those that contravene form rules and banning from threads is, as you know, reserved for those who are posting only to deliberately have a go.

All the admin team are made aware of these incidences and any one admin's decisions can be overruled.