PDA

View Full Version : Dog allergy .. can anyone help ?

Sophs50522
19-11-17, 15:15
Right guys, I had been having symptoms for about 10 weeks head pressure sore throat headaches and eye floaters. I recently had a new pup and only last week when the pup stayed with my sister for a few days my symptoms ( minus the eye floaters) cleared up, now I have the dog back they are all back again. could I have am allergy to my dog ? Even though I don't get the symptoms around my parents dog ? Wouldn't I have a runny nose and stuff too if it was an allergy ? I find it so weird that it went and is now back again now he's back. I've never ever had allergies to any pets before. Is there a way i can test and find out of its my pup
Thanks Sophie

lofwyr
19-11-17, 16:33
While when allergic to one animal of a species you are generally allergic to all of them, but not all individual animals spread the same amount of dander, which is generally what we react to. My daughter is allergic to cats, but the one she has isn't too bad for her because it has oily skin and doesn't spread much dander.

If it is a dog allergy I would try a good anti dander pet shampoo and bathe it at least once a week, and it should help keep the dander down. Also try an over the counter antihistamine for yourself and see if that helps.

It could just be a coincidence too.

Sophs50522
20-11-17, 21:07
Hey thank you for your help!
I will defo try the dog shampoo.
I've been feeling a bit better today so I do wonder if it's probably from where I stopped my nasal spray for post nasal drip. So I started it backup again.
I swear it's all in the head though.
Thanks for your respons. Take care