PDA

View Full Version : Worried..an ulcer or worse?

RubyBelle
19-11-17, 16:48
Am a bit worried as a few months back after taking Clarithomycin my bowels startesd to go between constipation and feelings of IBS (sorry tmi), where i could have break fast then 2 times or for rest of the day feel evacuation was kinda urgent. Went to doc and discussed possiblity of link with clarithomycin, she sent a stool sample which only looked for inflammation and came back negative. (Idk if this would rule out most serious things though or not) A few months later, began having episodes of hanger pangs, followed by burping (sorry) and sometimes going a few times on those days. Had a few of these epsidoes now, which do go and suspected I suspected maybe an ulcer so went and got a prescription for omeprazole. The gp asked me if i had lost weight and because I had not been weighing myself and need to gain some, I couldn't tell her. This problem started before I made a concerted effort to gain and seem to have gained 7lbs in 2 months! Which yeah I wanted to gain but seems like a lot. So am worried that the gain is down to this condition- whatever it is and not neccessarily linked to me changing my eating habits- which I changed AFTER i started having these symptoms. Seems weight LOSS is attributed to an ulcer, so I have no idea about what weight gain would mean, in terms of there being a link.

I am just worried because, although am just starting this medication the go said try for a month and if no progress (she always tells me the NEXT stages ahead of time which makes it worse)..she says, if it doesn't..come back and we will arrange for a camera down there. Now I am freaking out incase this doesn't ease my symptoms..she has made my anxiety even worse! Why didn't she just say , if no change..come back. Or I would have assumed she might say, if no change ...we will try another drug. But no..she had to say that! I refused to let it get better of me in the moment, but I was thinking..omg, camera because why??? What could it be? Omg. I am now reading into what the weight GAIN means or if it just because of the diet change, trying to reassure myself that because am not being physically sick and these episodes come and go that is just an ulcer...but is preying on my mind. Is anyone else experienced the same feelings ? Or had these kinda affects for a long time after being on clarithomycin (which my gp kinda put down to my bowel changes after my stool sample came back negative.)