PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety- leukemia fears

muffin2311
19-11-17, 17:09
Hey everyone. Ive been fearing leukemia for a good few months. I have no symptoms other than a few petechiae on my legs and hand. Only like five at a time. I went to the doctors as I am on sertraline (zoloft) for my health anxiety and OCD, and I had been suffering a bit of bruising (nothing major, no one seemed concerned) but they thoughtit could have been my meds as it is known to have that effect. So she took my bloods. She checked my glands, none swollen, my spleen and liver and she said nothing was enlarged. she also did a liver function test and tested some magnesium or something to check my muscles. But everything came back COMPLETELY NORMAL so noW I am extremely confused over what has been causing these few petechiae!!! If IT helps, she said my gums were slightly inflamed, and I dont eat any vitamin c so it could be that.. not to mention i am extremely fair skinned anyways and I always have been, you can only see the petechiae if you hold a flashlight up to it and go really close. I am a healthy weight, about 49kg or so. I am 16 years old and about to do exams soon and this health anxiety has been ruining my LIFE!!!! Mybirthday is in a few days and I am hoping it wont ruin my day.. anyways I am still worried about leukemia. ps. my blood test was a week ago, and the doctor never said they were petechiae. Also she said I have keratosis pilaris. I also have asthma and bad allergies if that helps. SOMEONE HELP ME DO I HAVE LEUKEMIA???!!!:wacko::wacko::wacko:

sollythegolly
19-11-17, 18:19
As a leukaemia sufferer myself, the short answer Muffin, is no.

Your blood tests results would have been way out of the norm if you had.

My advice would be to try and stop worrying (easier said than done), and enjoy a long and happy life.

Weasley123
20-11-17, 00:42
I get new moles spots all the time I’m 39. I’m currently in a panic over what I think is Spider Naevi