PDA

View Full Version : Stomach pain

ariana95
19-11-17, 20:07
I was doing so well managing my health anxiety! I was starting to enjoy my life again and I was having 0 invasive thoughts, until last week :(

I've started to get a stabbing pain in my lower stomach about 4/5 times a day. I've never felt anything like it. I'm trying my best not to let my thoughts spin out of control but all I can remember is my ex-boyfriends mum complaining of the same thing and subsequently dying of ovarian cancer 2 years later :weep: I know these are totally irrational thoughts.

I'm just so furious because I keep thinking that after finally beginning to overcome health anxiety, I'm starting to have these horrible pains :( they're ruining everything :mad:

Ellient
19-11-17, 22:07
Aw ariana sorry to hear you're struggling again, I'm sure it's something muscle related and maybe when you do a certain movement you are irritating it, if it keeps bothering you get it checked out and I'm sure it'll be completely normal.

Try not to let it bother you to much, try challenge yourself not to google etc and then maybe it'll just go away, hope you're feeling better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ariana95
20-11-17, 09:19
I'm sure it is just posture related. I'm just so annoyed that I'm having this setback when I was doing so well :mad:

Anything that feels "different" just sends me into a spin.

Thank you! I'm hoping that today I'll feel better

NewYorkgirl
20-11-17, 10:34
I'm dealing with this at the moment too..i have times when I can be totally rational and others where my thoughts soon out of control and I can barely function.. I have a doctor's appt next week and i will bring it up then. I'm hoping it's just me being hyper aware of any body changes

ariana95
20-11-17, 11:08
I'm dealing with this at the moment too..i have times when I can be totally rational and others where my thoughts soon out of control and I can barely function.. I have a doctor's appt next week and i will bring it up then. I'm hoping it's just me being hyper aware of any body changes

It's awful isn't it! I can definitely feel something every now and then in my lower stomach. I'm trying everything to make it go away like hot water bottles and pain killers but nothing will work which causes me to panic! Hopefully this can all be put down to anxiety