PDA

View Full Version : red dot on skin

helenhoo
20-11-17, 12:21
https://ibb.co/nHuPsm

What is this? Is new.

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

I had similar thing beneath finger last year that went away but worried.

Gary A
20-11-17, 12:28
Are you actually serious?

No more reassurance seeking, get to your doctor and get some help in actually dealing with your anxiety, this is now utterly absurd.

Ellient
20-11-17, 12:43
I thought you were getting help for your anxiety? If anything you seem to be getting more anxiety I'm sure a lot of people wish there biggest worries were that little spot.

Please go to your doctor and get help with the health anxiety you can't go on like this and clearly posting on this forum won't help forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soanxious
20-11-17, 12:55
Blood blister, zit, boil, tiny mole.... could be anything and may never go away but I would never be suspicious to think that is any sort of cancer...

tmckenzie-orr
20-11-17, 17:44
100% no form of cancer chill and stop worrying about silly things like a red dot

helenhoo
20-11-17, 18:41
but what is it?

Gary A
20-11-17, 18:46
but what is it?

Who cares? Literally, who cares? You claim to have done CBT yet you cant even rationalise that insignificant little dot? Did you even try? Did you once try and battle the urge to seek yet more reassurance about something that most people wouldn’t even notice?

tmckenzie-orr
20-11-17, 18:46
It’s not going to be nothing serious so why bother to know what it is , could be a little blood vessel or something it’s not cancer so chill and forget it we all have tiny bumps and marks all over are body

Ellient
20-11-17, 18:51
If I could be bothered to upload a picture I have exactly the same red spot.

You have threads on here with over 100+ replies about your other red spot, read them instead of starting another one.

You sure you are doing CBT?

helenhoo
20-11-17, 23:51
I've neglected myself these past few weeks and its one thing after another.

spot on back
new freckle on leg
red spot
heartburn
eczema patches
freckles/mole on boob

---------- Post added at 23:51 ---------- Previous post was at 23:48 ----------

new freckles/moles normal arent they?

dark brown, round, symmetrical, usual size.

Lola-Lee
21-11-17, 00:00
It doesn't look like anything,if I worried about my moles I would be a wreck,have had them all checked out and they are nothing just moles, I call them beauty spots.:D

tan235
21-11-17, 00:49
I get these! They normally go away, I think it's just natural, sometimes our skin does weird things... I really wouldn't worry about it and I worry about LOTS and LOTS of things but I wouldn't worry about that red dot.

Bigboyuk
22-11-17, 11:48
Helen sorry but you are getting out of control now,(and yes that is because you have neglected your self mentally) Do you have any CBT work sheets at home? Can you speak with the therapist today and tell them what is happening with you, you were doing so well a while back. Please don't not ignore this post and would like a full answer as to what you plan to do about you HA again? ATB

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Helen can you answer my valid question please?

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Ahh completely ignored guess you are waiting for some one else saying oh there's nothing to worry about and you will say what if etc bah

MyNameIsTerry
23-11-17, 02:20
You sure you are doing CBT?

I think people are getting mixed up between "CBT-based" and "CBT". The difference is massive between about 5 quick weeks with a PWP giving you worksheets and a more intensive year+ therapy. After all, you don't even need to be qualified in CBT to become a PWP you know.

I remember having Level 2 therapy with a PWP. 5 weeks of 30 minute phone calls where she flip flopped from one thing to another with no follow up of anything from previous sessions. It's really NOT CBT. Mine could have been downloaded from some workbooks and the majority of CBT was actually not even included. CBT is much bigger than what you get under IAPT services, even professional bodies have raised that when IAPT was launched calling it a stripped down service.

Level 3 is much better. Level 2...is very basic. But it would cover the cycles, the bad behaviours, etc. Making it happen is a very different thing though and it always amazes me how other sufferers seem to think getting into therapy means you change it all, and quite quickly. But I think that's just because it's a reassurance seeker, I've been working on my anxiety issues for over 5 years now from a therapeutic point of view. Thank god I don't raise threads, eh? :winks:

Elen
23-11-17, 08:05
Helen sorry but you are getting out of control now,(and yes that is because you have neglected your self mentally) Do you have any CBT work sheets at home? Can you speak with the therapist today and tell them what is happening with you, you were doing so well a while back. Please don't not ignore this post and would like a full answer as to what you plan to do about you HA again? ATB

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 ----------

Helen can you answer my valid question please?

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 ----------

Ahh completely ignored guess you are waiting for some one else saying oh there's nothing to worry about and you will say what if etc bah

Not sure Helen has been on-line since you posted this BigBoy

Bigboyuk
23-11-17, 09:59
[QUOTE=Elen;1738404]Not sure Helen has been on-line since you posted this BigBoy[/QUOTE Nope she hasn't Elen! I would suspect she will be back though!

helenhoo
23-11-17, 18:21
the mark is still there..

nomorepanic
23-11-17, 18:34
the mark is still there..

and ?

Please reply to previous questions on here as well. Thanks

helenhoo
23-11-17, 19:03
Sorry, BigboyUK i wasn't online

Bigboyuk
23-11-17, 19:12
and ?

Please reply to previous questions on here as well. Thanks I was just going to type the same thing :) ATB

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:08 ----------

Sorry, BigboyUK i wasn't online its ok, so here's where I am at right now, and would like you to answer my questions, do you have any work through sheets that the CBT therapist gave you? Also in fairness would you get more help for your HA by asking for more sessions? And that's it Thank you :) ATB

helenhoo
26-11-17, 01:22
Are spot/bite on arm normal? Just the one.

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-17, 02:23
its ok, so here's where I am at right now, and would like you to answer my questions, do you have any work through sheets that the CBT therapist gave you? Also in fairness would you get more help for your HA by asking for more sessions? And that's it Thank you :) ATB

Please follow Dave'a advice. Consult your worksheets/books they gave you and please try to apply it. I know it's hard, and unlike some on here I know it takes time to get success, but even if you are still unable to stop seeking reassurance you do need to try and work on those exercises alongside until you can deal with it better.

If you can't get anywhere, go back to the IAPT sevice and see if they can offer more. If they refuse, because they do sometimes do this (and why the NHS allow it, I don't know), then you need to go to your GP and they can put pressure on them about it.

Bigboyuk
26-11-17, 11:30
Helen what did you learn on CBT Iam interested as I am waiting to get a therapist as the other therapist wasn't offering me CBT so would be very interested in what you were taught thank you :) ATB

helenhoo
26-11-17, 23:47
hi all, I'm now worrying about the newish freckle/mole on my leg because if i gently rub over it it feels slightly raised. Can new moles be raised? Only slightly?

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:43 ----------

I admit I'm not doing so well at the moment, ita like a wheel of fortune as to what i choose to worry about today when in reality I know I can stop it.

venusbluejeans
26-11-17, 23:54
in reality I know I can stop it.

then stop it

helenhoo
27-11-17, 08:19
can new moles be slightly raised?

pulisa
27-11-17, 08:31
then stop it

Bump

Bigboyuk
27-11-17, 10:29
Bump!

helenhoo
27-11-17, 20:39
jusy answer regarding mole thing please

pulisa
27-11-17, 20:41
then stop it

Admin have given you very good advice here

Bigboyuk
27-11-17, 20:49
Tbh Helen you avoid answering the questions we ask ATB

venusbluejeans
27-11-17, 21:55

Helen, I say again, you know how to stop it...... so stop it!

helenhoo
27-11-17, 23:04
I'm now worrying about a red dry spot on my cheek which I'm sure has shrunk but worried it could be skin cancer....

what on earth has bought this back?

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:01 ----------

sorry Venusbluejeans and bigboyuk

nomorepanic
27-11-17, 23:12
You have not been practising your CBT coping methods so now you are spiraling again.

You don't need to post and tell us about every lump and bump - you need to learn how to rationalise it yourself.

You really don't have anything wrong with you - you are looking for things to post about and trying to make an issue of things are really not a problem at all.

helenhoo
27-11-17, 23:17
It's horrible, spots, lumps, marks, freckles.

The red dot thing of this post is still there too. I need to grasp the reins because I'm driving myself mad. I'm definitely back in routine of checking skin again.

nomorepanic
27-11-17, 23:29
We all have them though - you are just focusing on them.

Stop checking and start living :-)

helenhoo
27-11-17, 23:40
I know we

but it's new ones that scare me.

nomorepanic
27-11-17, 23:43
You will get new ones every day of your life to be honest.

Bigboyuk
28-11-17, 00:32
Helen start practicing what you learnt from your CBT sessions ok then come back and tell us ok :) ATB

MyNameIsTerry
28-11-17, 02:01
How can you cut down your compulsive checking? Stop completely, distraction, gradual elimination?

How can you cut down on your reasurance seeking? Again, as above.

You know this is just a new obsession and matches the ones you had in the past. You know they came to nothing other than anxiety. So, now it needs to be about sitting with those thoughts and not reacting to them.

Bigboyuk
28-11-17, 11:38
And as per usual folks total by pass of our all our questions. Ahh. ATB

---------- Post added at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

Helen would love to know what happened in these sessions of CBT as I am pushing for CBT as I was promised it but not given it so far so what did you learn from it? Thanks. Very interesting she has now gone off line says it all really. ATB

helenhoo
28-11-17, 22:29
spot on my face which I'm sure is healing, boyfriend said it has a head lile a spot, it has white ring around it but looking at rest of skin i have similar patches like this. Most skin has reddish tone with odd lighter patches. Is this a coincidence or would you do doctor? I worry it's basal cell.

nomorepanic
28-11-17, 22:31
Well you seem to be ignoring everything we say so yes go to the doctor.

tan235
28-11-17, 22:35
I have a red dot on my thumb, that just turned up! I think its a blood blister actually, I'm sure it will fade soon as will yours!

helenhoo
28-11-17, 22:43
also recurring eczema in same spot common? it heals with cetraban cream but crops up.

Bigboyuk
28-11-17, 22:49
Helen I am disappointed you haven't told me about what happened in your CBT sessions I also agree off you go to your drs Ahh ATB

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

also recurring eczema in same spot common? it heals with cetraban cream but crops up. STOP ignoring my questions ok:mad:

Gary A
28-11-17, 22:59
also recurring eczema in same spot common? it heals with cetraban cream but crops up.

No it’s not common, you should go to a doctor.

helenhoo
28-11-17, 23:04
thanks Tan

Bigboy sorry. I'm in a bad place anxiety wise.

Bigboyuk
28-11-17, 23:06
thanks Tan

Bigboy sorry. I'm in a bad place anxiety wise. Simple go to your dr and get help for your anxiety do it for you and your new Bf :)

venusbluejeans
28-11-17, 23:30

^^^^^

MyNameIsTerry
29-11-17, 02:08
And as per usual folks total by pass of our all our questions. Ahh. ATB

Just like the last few times I've talked about stepped care, giant tumbleweed from those assertung the OP must be faking having any anxiety help as they must know CBT if so. Opinion trumps the facts shown by NICE & IAPT. :doh:

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

Helen I am disappointed you haven't told me about what happened in your CBT sessions I also agree off you go to your drs Ahh ATB

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

STOP ignoring my questions ok:mad:

Why not revisit what we said on the other thread? And I've described my experience of L2-3. If you want to know what happens ask IAPT, raise a thread, etc. Anecdotes may differ per service and per the person's circumstances.

Knowing what Reb was taught is useful to us to try to redirect her onto that but as for the service itself, there are other ways to learn about it.

tanyaC
29-11-17, 07:33
spot on my face which I'm sure is healing, boyfriend said it has a head lile a spot, it has white ring around it but looking at rest of skin i have similar patches like this. Most skin has reddish tone with odd lighter patches. Is this a coincidence or would you do doctor? I worry it's basal cell.

Helen I live in Australia and we all seem to have basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas - they generally aren’t life threatening. Although I doubt have one anyway.
Best Wishes

Lola-Lee
30-11-17, 00:31
Helen I live in Australia and we all seem to have basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas - they generally aren’t life threatening. Although I doubt have one anyway.
Best Wishes

Hi Tanya :D
I have had 3 basal cell carcinoma's removed,none were bad ones,also have a lot of moles which are nothing, I have skin checks every 12 months living in North Queensland now I don't do much sunbaking anymore.

helenhoo
03-12-17, 19:24
I feel fine in myself, been drinkong mulled wine and puttinf Christmas (fake) up and noticed pink rash on both arms?! Not itchy. Done glass test and disappears

Freaking out.

KK77
03-12-17, 19:30
Maybe it's the wine. Take an antihistamine tab and drink lots of water.

helenhoo
03-12-17, 19:52
Flatmate reckons it's heatrash - can you get this on both arms?

Bigboyuk
03-12-17, 20:19
Helen get back the drs for your anxiety that's my only hope for you ATB

Darwin73
03-12-17, 20:29
Flatmate reckons it's heatrash - can you get this on both arms?

Yes, you can get it anywhere on your body.

venusbluejeans
03-12-17, 23:01
Threads Merged..... Helen read the answers about the dot on your skin.

Lola-Lee
04-12-17, 01:53
I have a heat rash all over,it's been bloody hot and humid, I look like I have the Measles :D

helenhoo
11-12-17, 21:18
The red spot on my thumb I posted about and was unsure what it was but thought was a new mole and was learning to accept has disappeared? Literally no mark whatsoever? Anyone had something similar?

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

It looked like blood blister and was very very dark red. Wasnt a physical thing that I could feel.

venusbluejeans
11-12-17, 22:07
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

helenhoo
11-12-17, 22:20
Thanks, I did try to find it.

katielovespizza
11-12-17, 22:23
I actually just had a blood blister on my thumb last week. It's still fading but almost completely gone. Pretty normal stuff.

helenhoo
11-12-17, 22:38
so weird, it was there for 3 weeks! sure it was there this morning lol.

MyNameIsTerry
12-12-17, 02:31
What does your logical side think about a skin mark of some kind that was there for a few weeks and then is now gone? Do you think this is how things should be as the body heals?

Bigboyuk
12-12-17, 11:44
Helen again look at the modules you have downloaded they are a good resource for all your HA problems :) ATB

helenhoo
16-12-17, 23:38
so i have a small raised freckle/mole under bra strap always been there, no obvious change but bra today was tighter than usual and mole feels more raised than normal. Maybe like a spot or a bite right on tbe edge of it. I can't see as it's on my side but I'm worrying. Its red wbere the bra strap was around the freckle

nomorepanic
16-12-17, 23:42
and you are still searching your body for these things Helen - you will find something new every day trust me so stop searching.

Why don't you talk to your family about these things instead of posting on here and let them reassure you it is NORMAL.

venusbluejeans
16-12-17, 23:48
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Helen look at the replies on threads I have merged, they are all the same sort of thing

Emmz

helenhoo
17-12-17, 00:03
asked boyfriend to look if it was scabby and he said no, if it was normal circle he said yes but worried he's saying that to shut me up.

---------- Post added at 00:03 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

asked boyfriend if it was scabby - said no. said it was normal circle size and colour, what if he's lying?

Bigboyuk
17-12-17, 01:31
Get back to your CBT modules Helen its now getting out of control we aren't reassuring you any more ok :) ATB

KK77
17-12-17, 01:36
asked boyfriend if it was scabby - said no. said it was normal circle size and colour, what if he's lying?

So you trust strangers on an internet forum more than your boyfriend?

Flattery will get you everywhere and nowhere Helen ;)

helenhoo
17-12-17, 19:08
I had calmed down over it but because i cant see it properly it stresses me out. My boyf said isn't scabby ans doesn't feel scabby but worried it is

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

its always been a little raised, one of those freckles kn freckles types, with middle darker and raised but always had it.

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

how many of you would believe your OH if they look at something for you? Is it possible I'm finding something from nothing.

nomorepanic
17-12-17, 20:22
Yes you are finding something from nothing but we keep telling you that - now you have to believe it.

helenhoo
17-12-17, 21:47
I somehow, very nearly broke neck doing so, managed to pinch back fat and fold up so i could see the freckle.

No scab but may have tiny spot right on the edge. As symmetrical as can be.

But why do I still feel urge to check again and

I have my CBT workbooks out.

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

I am slim so to pull fold up bloody hurt!

nomorepanic
17-12-17, 21:55
I am slim so to pull fold up bloody hurt!

So why are you doing it then?

helenhoo
17-12-17, 21:58
reassurance as my boyfriends wasn't enough.

nomorepanic
17-12-17, 23:30
Well if you can't trust him then I doubt we can help to be honest.

Bigboyuk
18-12-17, 11:21
So True Nic and Helen you have your CBT worksheets at hand now so when you want to check your spots etc refer to these work sheets please, no amount of reassurance from us is going to help you so no point in asking really thought I would let you know :) ATB