PDA

View Full Version : woke up from a nap shaking

Ethansmom
20-11-17, 19:43
I took a nap during the day on Saturday. I woke up shaking and my heart was racing. Now i'm worried it's a reaction from my new med or from anxiety. I woke up shaking again this morning. I take Gabapentin, if anyone knows what that is.... it's used off label for anxiety and is normally for seizure disorders.

Ethansmom
21-11-17, 00:06
No one?

MyNameIsTerry
21-11-17, 02:20
My anxiety has given me issues like this at the harder stages quite frequently. I still get it in times of higher adrenaline (from my SNRI) but for me it's more about waking after main sleep periods and impact of the higher cortisol in the daily rhythm.

But that med has many side effects including such as anxiety so if you are just starting it can easily be that too. If so, you will hopefully see it go.

I also have vivid dreams and wake all amped up. It's like when you wake from having a nightmare and your chest is breating hard.

katielovespizza
21-11-17, 05:33
Really common anxiety symptom. It used to happen to me a lot when I was going through some tough times with my anxiety. Even once your anxiety cools off, it takes your body a while to relax. Although it sucks, it's normal.

tryingtosurvive1
21-11-17, 05:55
it could be the med but I think it's just as likely to be pure anxiety

AntsyVee
21-11-17, 05:57
It’s normal, especially waking up from a nap. It has to do with your sleep cycles, not your meds.

pulisa
21-11-17, 08:23
It’s normal, especially waking up from a nap. It has to do with your sleep cycles, not your meds.

Absolutely. I get this a lot but don't pay any attention to it.