PDA

View Full Version : Rabies

Tsars4747
21-11-17, 01:57
I’ve had a phobia of rabies for years but it narrowed down to bats about a year ago. As crazy as it sounds, it’s a legitimate fear I live with everyday. A couple weeks back I thought I heard a bat in my dorm during the day but couldn’t find one anywhere. So I’ve been scared to sleep every night because I’ve read that they can bite you without you knowing in your sleep. This morning in the shower I noticed a pin prick looking mark on my finger and am very scared that a bat has bitten me. I don’t know what to do. I called Home to my mom and she didn’t sound concerned. She knows about my phobia but I can’t help but to think what if it actually got me this time. I’m very scared and do not know what do do. It’s giving me anxiety attacks as well just thinking about it..... any advice?

AntsyVee
21-11-17, 07:02
I don’t think this fear is legitimate; it’s irrational. That’s why your mom, the person who probably cares for you the most in this world, isn’t concerned.

Search up rabies posts on here and you’ll see that you’re not the only one fearing the invisible bat who bites without anyone knowing. It’s a very common phobia and health OCD/HA worry.