PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Pain

Elf20
21-11-17, 13:39
I'll take you back to 2006 when I firstly had this terrible symptom, in the hospital after a horrible car crash. I woke up one morning feeling mild cramps in my stomach, which were getting more and more painful, until the evening, when I was shouting in pain and vomiting. Then, all of a sudden, the pain and vomiting stopped and I was left exhausted but relieved.

This happened sometimes during the next couple of years, and when I was 13-14 it was happening as often as 1-2 times every month. Then the episodes became more and more sparse, and I had my last one a couple of years ago, ending up in the hospital, where the doctors didn't really do anything for it. Also sometimes it starts hurting in the morning but it suddenly stops in the early afternoon before getting really really bad. It's usually accompanied with tiredeness, sleepiness and a fast heartbeat.

I've had gastroscopy which showed nothing wrong with my stomach and the doctor told me it could be anxiety-related. One more clue is that the only medication that seems to have worked with it is Xanax or Lexotanil. Still, even this wasn't succesful once or twice. Sometimes antacids work too if it's not a very bad day.

Today I woke up with mild stomach cramps, after some years... I took an antacid (I don't take Xanax anymore so I don't have them in my drawer)... I'm waiting for it to pass, but I'm so much afraid it will get worse. I don't want it to get worse. The thought makes me so scared. It's the worst pain I have experienced and I don't want to go through it again. :weep:

---------- Post added at 15:29 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

It hasn't got much worse, but it certainly hasn't got better either and I'm scared...

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

I'm better. Phew...