PDA

View Full Version : New day = new symptom

Jimbob12
21-11-17, 13:55
Hi guys, first time poster here.
Im 28 and have been suffering this awful disease (health anxiety) on and off since I was about 10 years old.
The last few months have been particularly torturous.
I got married in September and I think the big event may have triggered my anxiety big time.
Im toying with the idea of taking meds for my anxiety but have always resisted it as I feel its a slippery slope.

To give you an idea of my struggles I have been keeping a symptoms diary for a month to look back at and refer too and I have had a new symptom every day for a months.

First week I was having swallowing problems, my food felt like it was going the wrong way every meal, I worries I had a faulty wind pipe, it passed.
Last week it was chest pains, I ran to a doctor, the doctor checked me out, he said its most likely from the gym and im not having a heart attack.

Then it moved on to headaches, I had headaches every day for a week (brain aneurysm in my mind) until I forgot about them and then remembered again lol

Today my headaches gone, I got home from gym and had sharp chest pains again, heart attack anxiety was right back in my mind.
Now the pain has gone but I feel breathless but I have been breathing for an hour fine.

I'm totally irrational and I'm stuck in a cycle of symptoms and the worry that follows.

I've cut caffeine out of my diet, I exercise daily, I eat relatively well, all this helped at first but now im back in the mire, I also suffer from on and off dizziness, floor moving sensation.

As you can see, I need help, can anyone help me out of this hole.
I feel like giving up, to be honest death or serious disease would be a relief compared to this nightmare