PDA

View Full Version : Not this again!!

Caribou93
21-11-17, 15:36
Ugh, I am in a whirlwind right now. I had posted on here some weeks ago about my concern with possibly contracting HIV from oral sex. Well, of course my worry is back, because yesterday morning, I woke up with a really bad sore throat...now today I have the chills and slight temperature. My encounter was 7 weeks ago, so I don't know how long it takes for symptoms to show up, but now of course I'm worried I have HIV. I feel like I can't win here.

Gary A
21-11-17, 15:42
Isn’t it slightly more logical, and far far more likely, that you’ve got nothing more than a common cold? :shrug:

Caribou93
21-11-17, 19:02
But my nose isn't running or plugged. I have the sore throat, body chills and my head hurts. Because my parents thought that I had a cold too, and I said that my nose is fine.

Fishmanpa
21-11-17, 19:05
But....

No buts... viruses, colds and throat infections don't necessarily always come with a runny nose.

Positive thoughts

Caribou93
22-11-17, 11:17
But, if 2-6 weeks is the average length of time for symptoms to show up, then would I be in the clear since these symptoms emerged a little over 7 weeks after my encounter?

Or, am I a scientific anomaly, and these are HIV ARS symptoms? I took my temperature this morning and it was 99.9 degrees, plus I have the chills, muscle aches, and sore throat. I'm not even going to feel my lymph nodes because I am terrified if they are swollen. I don't get it, if this hadn't happened, I would never have gone back to my worry about HIV - I can say with no sarcasm that I was actually doing completely fine.