PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack Loop - Need help!

Mrs.Anxiety
21-11-17, 16:40
Hi everyone,

I had a huge panic attack at work Wednesday of last week. I was giving a presentation and literally had to run out of the room and hide/cry in the bathroom. Afterwards, I was too embarrassed to go back, luckily a colleague took over and I left home in a huge panic (thinking I was going to pass out on my way to my car). I end up calling my husband in a panic thinking I'm going to have a heart attack in the parking lot. My husband came to pick me up since no one should really drive during an intense attack. When we got home, I took the rest of the week off to recover. I slept a lot, stayed in bed and mostly just tried to make sense of what was happening to me.

Well, now almost a week later, I've been stuck in panic attack loops. I don't know how to stop them. The past four days I've been really struggling to not end up in the ER. I'm afraid of how much damage I am doing to my body because of these constant panic attacks. My panic attacks are mostly coming back due to how sick I feel. I feel woozy when walking, my palms get sweaty, I have this bad chest tightness and my whole body hurts/feels tense. It even hurts to take a deep breath. I usually bounce back from a panic attack pretty quick, but this time it feels like something really bad is happening to me. I also get these waves of sleepiness/fatigue where my eyes feel heavy, and it's really freaking me out. My main concerns are that something is wrong with my heart or lungs. I'm really scared. I keep wanting to leave work and drive myself to an ER. I've read nightmare stories of people who felt sick a few days before and then had a heart attack days later. I don't know what to think or do.

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 17:50
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.