PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god pale stools today!!!

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 18:22
I have said to myself over and over not to worry that I dont have pancreatic cancer; it is all in my head. Well, for the last day I had recurring stomach pain and one bad one last night, felt bloated. Last two days stools have been light brown. But today after a bout of diarreah I saw some of it were CLAY COLORED! CLAY! A dead give away sign of pancreatic cancer. Oh My God, I am convinced I have been right all the time and that I am not long for this world. All I read about symptoms coming and going in patients with PC were probably right. My God I am so scared.
If anyone here has had an experience where they had stomach pain following by a diarreah where you saw a clay color and it did not turn out to be something serious, please inform me. Now I am in a hellish horror shock and I am crying. I am convinced that my fear is coming true.:weep:

---------- Post added at 19:22 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

No one?

Fishmanpa
21-11-17, 18:27
For over a year you've been battling fears about your pancreas and other abdominal issues. I don't know what to say here. I don't doubt you have abdominal issues as you're wound tighter than a '59 humbucker, but based on your post history, I don't believe it's sinister in the least.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 18:30
If you had grey stools everyday then I would see a doctor but you had them for one day and are freaking out already.

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 18:37
For over a year you've been battling fears about your pancreas and other abdominal issues. I don't know what to say here. I don't doubt you have abdominal issues as you're wound tighter than a '59 humbucker, but based on your post history, I don't believe it's sinister in the least.

Positive thoughts

Thank you. BUT PALE STOOLS ARE NOT NORMAL! Absolutely EVERYTHING I read online, EVERYTHING points towards it being something very dangerous and deadly and something that calls for immediate emergency.
I have ultrasound of the stomach last year and they said the pancreas looks fine. But then I read that ultrasound is unreliable and often miss cancer in pancreas. And also that blood tests for pancreas and liver can be treatcherous and show normal results even of you have cancer. So now I fear that happened to me and that this is it. I am dying. I have som many other symptoms and everything points towards pancreatic cancer.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

If you had grey stools everyday then I would see a doctor but you had them for one day and are freaking out already.

But they have been light brown and semi loose for the last two days. And today I even saw a plant that I ate yesterday coming out . it has not been digested. Malabsorption. For the last days I have been worried about stools and hoped deperately that it would not turn grey and one hour ago it did. I have been diagnosed with B12 defiency this year and B12 defiency is a symptom of malabsorption and malabsorption is a symtpom of pancreatic cancer. I have also lost at least 5 kilos the last months. Everything fits perfectly with my fear.
I dont see what else it could be than pancreatic cancer or something else related to the pancreas.

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 18:40
Ok well you will have to take that up with the doctor then and get them to sort things out. We are not going to convince you otherwise so there isn't much more we can say really.

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 18:49
OK. I just hoped that there would be others who had experienced having pale stools and it turned out to be nothing realted to pancreas or liver but just indegestion or something. Such stories are GOLD to me in my desperate hour of need. I am cryong over the keybord. It is wet with tears. Tears sorrow and fear.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

Anyone else?

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 18:50
Do a search on here for "grey stools" - there are loads of posts about it so have a read of them in the meantime

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 18:55
Anyone please, I will love anyone who can share it if they have had experience with this.

Fishmanpa
21-11-17, 19:00
Thank you. BUT PALE STOOLS ARE NOT NORMAL! Absolutely EVERYTHING I read online, EVERYTHING points towards it being something very dangerous and deadly and something that calls for immediate emergency.

Then why are you here waiting for someone to reassure you?! If you're that convinced, get to the doctor! As Nic said, nothing anyone can say, even if they had pale poo, is going to calm you down.

Let us know what they say!

Positive thoughts

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 19:37
I am not able to go to the doctor AT THIS PRECISE MOMENT! Oh, yes, I DO get reassurance of someone has a SIMILAR experience and it turned out not to be something dangerous. That is why I am posting this in the symptom forum and NOT on the Health Anxiety forum. I am so tired of this circle argumentation. Especially when I experience a horryfying symptom. Others who post about their symptoms do get reassurance. Am I on a blcklist or something.
Meanwhile, while waiting to see the doctor I keep googling the info about pale stool and EVERYTHING is horryfying.
I am one of those who do calm down ab it of someone shares similar experiences and it turned out good. I am not asking people to telle me I do not have X cancer but just some experience that can make me see it more rational. WHY IOS THAT SO OK FOR OTHER POSTERS HERE BUT I SHALL SHUT UP ABOUT MY FEAR? Why cant I even post a question in the IBS forum for crying out loud without someone asking me if I see a therapist instead of being helpfull?

Look at all the posters below, EVERYONE gets reassurance. I, o the other hand. have to defend myself for the millionteth time.

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 20:16
I already gave you a suggestion - do a search on here instead of google and there are loads of posts so you can read the replies on there.

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 20:23
I am so scared of going to the toilet now. Fear of seing more white stools. Fear of seing a lot of oil floating around in the toilet. Horrified and scare.
The thing I cling myself to ots the faxt that my urin has a normal color and is not dark. But it wont surprise me if there are exceptions to that rule too.

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 20:27
You had this worry a year ago though so don't you think you would be seriously ill by now?

Please try and calm down, you are going to make yourself so ill with the stress and it is really NOT good for your overall health.

Read my post above as well ^^^^^

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 20:39
You had this worry a year ago though so don't you think you would be seriously ill by now?

Please try and calm down, you are going to make yourself so ill with the stress and it is really NOT good for your overall health.

Read my post above as well ^^^^^

I would have been calm if it had not been for the numerous information out on the net about patients with pancreatic cancer who had symptoms that came and went for years without being treated or diagnosed. Even a medical report claimed so. It looks like I cant win. When it comes to PC, it looks as if the info on the net is blocking EVERY reassurance way out. The message is "never feel safe". "If you dont turn yellow; dont feel safe, not every PC patient does". "If the symptoms come and go, dont feel safe, that is how it is for many"."If the ultrasound finds the pancreas clear, dont feel safe". I can not see any way out of this fear. I have tried to calm me down as much as I can, but when I looked in the toilet this morning - FULL BLOWN PANIC!

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 20:44
Well you can't live your life in fear like this as it is doing you no good whatsoever.

If you want to pay privately I guess you could do that and get every single test in the universe done but I still think you would question that you are the one that got away.

What will be will be is my motto and you will face it if you really have to.

Not sure what other advice we can give you because even if someone replies and say yes they had grey stools you will still question that you are the one person that was missed and you still have it.

Did you do the search as I suggested?

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 20:50
No, I will find relief if someone had an experience similar to mine. Just like many others who come here to post. And this was an emergency post. I have tried to stay calm and paniced frantically after the last toilet visit. But I guessreassurance is a privilige for other posters here, not for me. Even in my darkest and most horryfying hour of fear.

nomorepanic
21-11-17, 21:00
I am sorry but you have not even bothered to search for other posts to gain reassurance - this was a good suggestion of mine whilst you wait for replies - which you ignored so I am out of this thread now for good.

Good luck with things anyway.

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 21:21
I have looked at other threads yes.

Ellient
21-11-17, 21:29
I bet a lot of people have had pale stools and never mentioned it because they don't know about PC... if I had a pale stool I wouldn't even be bothered, maybe it's something you've ate?

Reassurance isn't going to help here, if it's a one day thing don't worry about it, if it carries on just go to your doctor that's all I can suggest..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 21:45
I bet a lot of people have had pale stools and never mentioned it because they don't know about PC... if I had a pale stool I wouldn't even be bothered, maybe it's something you've ate?

Reassurance isn't going to help here, if it's a one day thing don't worry about it, if it carries on just go to your doctor that's all I can suggest..

Hmmm...maybe. Sometimes what you dont know does not hurt. But of course I google and I come across pages where they say that pale stools USUALLY is because of things related to gallblader, pancreas and liver - in other words very dangerous stuff. Then again, I went to the crapper again. This time very loose, not really yellow, but light brown, which I think has happend before. But with the green plant I ate yesterday coming out. In other words, have not been digesting properly.

Midnight-mouse
21-11-17, 21:52
I have had had both pale stools (yes even clay colour) and can quite often tell you without a doubt what meal I’m pooping from what’s visible. Honestly see a doctor if you feel the need and it continues but I’ve never worried too much about it and it’s been happening for years for me.

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 21:55
I have had had both pale stools (yes even clay colour) and can quite often tell you without a doubt what meal I’m pooping from what’s visible. Honestly see a doctor if you feel the need and it continues but I’ve never worried too much about it and it’s been happening for years for me.

Thank you. And it was nothing? Except maybe IBS related.
It is good to hear I am not alone.
I know the webpages tell you to see a doctor, but I read something interesting: that webpages with MDs name on it is sort of legally required to do so. Because, if an MD writes "it is nothing" or "dont worry" he may be sued if the patient really has something serious going on. Dunno, maybe thats why.
Anyway: :bighug1:

Midnight-mouse
21-11-17, 22:12

I know the webpages tell you to see a doctor, but I read something interesting: that webpages with MDs name on it is sort of legally required to do so. Because, if an MD writes "it is nothing" or "dont worry" he may be sued if the patient really has something serious going on. Dunno, maybe thats why.

Oh yeah I have ibs as does my Mum between the two of us there aren’t many issues from the rear end that we haven’t experienced and both of us are absolutely fine. I would imagine that any website can only say see a gp the be responsible and cover their bottoms.

paranoid-viking
21-11-17, 22:39
So I try to calm down now. I am taking pills against upset stomach and will stick to a diet of salt cokies and tea until the stomach gets better, which I desperately hope it will.

Midnight-mouse
21-11-17, 23:07
So I try to calm down now. I am taking pills against upset stomach and will stick to a diet of salt cokies and tea until the stomach gets better, which I desperately hope it will.

Take it easy, plenty of fluids and introduce easy to digest foods when you feel ready. Light meals for a while but be sure to keep drinking and chill out.

MyNameIsTerry
22-11-17, 00:53

I thought you would have known this? Disclaimers are the norm pretty much anywhere to allow them a legal "get out". Every industry uses them.

And medical sites have disclaimers to be very cautious so as to push you to your GP. Even common symptoms do that. Coughing for a week, blood in poo, etc "it's probably nothing but only a doctor can advise".

---------- Post added at 00:53 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

^ This.

And the plant coming out is likely just reduced transit time because...fight or flight impacts on bowels and makes them purge. It's like how you get watery stools simply because they haven't had time to harden.

Both are well known in people with disorders affecting the bowels, such as anxiety.

As for reassurance, it won't help you. It may feel nice now but it's just reinforcing an irrational obsession. But you do get it off people on here and I suspect you are just upset because you are panicking. When you are calmer, remember how much we have talked to you on threads. And also, some threads don't get a single reply on the quiet boards so HAers are quite lucky on here since it's full of HAers. When you go to slower sub boards you are lucky to get many replies hence why so many HAers post incorrect subjects on the HA board as they know responses are more likely.

heyitsmeyou
22-11-17, 12:18
I’ve had them come and go. More prevalent with IBS for sure. Cashews are also really bad for this, among other lightly coloured foods. I’ve noticed it with ice cream sandwiches too.

paranoid-viking
22-11-17, 18:26
I feel better today. No rush to the loo; but I am scared of going to the toilet and what I will see next.:scared15:

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

As for reassurance, it won't help you. It may feel nice now but it's just reinforcing an irrational obsession. But you do get it off people on here and I suspect you are just upset because you are panicking. When you are calmer, remember how much we have talked to you on threads. And also, some threads don't get a single reply on the quiet boards so HAers are quite lucky on here since it's full of HAers. When you go to slower sub boards you are lucky to get many replies hence why so many HAers post incorrect subjects on the HA board as they know responses are more likely.

Yeah, but it works for a while during an acute panic episode.

tryingtosurvive1
23-11-17, 23:57
I am too grossed out by poo to examine mine. I'm starting to think this is a blessing.

Blonde123
24-11-17, 10:51
Your poo will reflect what you eat and some foods such as sweet corn we can’t difest so they come out whole,. Thinks like beetroot make our poo red and then you think your bleeding! Pale poo can also be attributed to eating too much fat especially if it floats. Also if you are anxious and have loose stools the more you pass the lighter it will be. If you don’t have any other symptoms I’d probably say you’ll be fine. Drink plenty of water and don’t eat too much fatty food but plenty of fruit veg and little andvoften

WorryRaptor
18-12-17, 16:31
Not sure if this will be any help, but our stomach reacts to emotions in a really strong way. The first thing to act up once anxiety is high is your digestive symptom. I know I've had similar symptoms to you, and it turned out that I had been eating high fat, fried foods and was really anxious at the time which was a recipe for disaster. Fat is hard to digest, and if you're tense, it's going to be even more difficult for your body to do its normal thing if it's in fight or flight mode.

I obsessively checked the toilet and had pale floaty stools with oily residue for two days. I too am constantly terrified my liver or pancreas is dying(mostly liver as I have been on painkillers for 9 years) so this didn't help to assuage my fears. It passed though.

I guess one thing that made sense to me was that if your symptoms weren't present with other serious symptoms indicative of liver/pancreas issues, then it's more than likely something else that's less serious. I hope you're finding some relief :)

diego_
10-08-18, 00:46
My body has been driving me crazy lately. Just when I thought I had overcome the fear of lymphoma, I got an episode of gray stool. I did some search, and gray stool is always bad, really really bad. Here we go into anxiety again.

WiseMonkey
10-08-18, 06:28
I’ve had them come and go. More prevalent with IBS for sure. Cashews are also really bad for this, among other lightly coloured foods. I’ve noticed it with ice cream sandwiches too.

Yes this is so true for cashews if you eat a lot in one go, your motion will be mainly white, it's happened to me!

diego_
10-08-18, 06:51
Yes this is so true for cashews if you eat a lot in one go, your motion will be mainly white, it's happened to me!

That's a bit reassuring to me, because now I realized this happened to me after eating good amounts of white food, which I never do.

However I didn't get 'light brown' feces, they were absolutely grey. I'm terrified about these cancer symptoms to the point of being unable to think about anything else for more than 5 minutes. My heart rate also increases a lot when I think about it.

There was also a LOT of red liquid around my stool, much more than usual. I've been having redish stool sometimes and a lot of very weird intestinal symptoms, but I had a colonoscopy and they didn't find anything.

EDIT: By 'cashew' do you mean the fruit or the nut? According to google the same word is used for both in English.
Second edit: this was a dumb question, as the fruit is not common outside tropical America. You were talking about the nuts. I ate a lot of them 2 days before this episode, but these nuts specifically are something I eat now and then, and I had never had such grey stool.