PDA

View Full Version : For those that TWITCH EVERYWHERE!

tan235
22-11-17, 04:14
Hi All,
I went back to my neurologist today about my twitching, he said that if you twitch without muscle weakness or wasting away then it's just that - TWITCHING.
He said it never presents as twitching for with ALS - he even said that twitching isn't necessarily BFS - if you're an anxious person it's firing up the twitch as you're constantly in fight and flight and the body can only do that so long before it just confused and fires all the time.
Trust me I'm twitching EVERYWHERE!
My eyes, my lips, my feet, my calves, my thumb and finger, my arms - he did another ALS neuro exam and then said with very kinds eyes, 'As a neurologist, we shouldn't say this but this is all in your head'
I think he was speaking to all of us. :)

MyNameIsTerry
22-11-17, 04:59
Yep, BFS gets flogged too much as a reason for twitching. :winks: It's good to hear a medical professional say this.

Fishmanpa
22-11-17, 11:55
Here's your "Told ya so!" :)

Time to get help for the real reason you're twitching :winks:

Positive thoughts

jojo2316
22-11-17, 14:01
THANK YOU!!!!! Just what I needed to hear right now and actually also could've written this post myself in the spring when I was last suffering from twitches and ALS fears. I went to a neurologist who said just the same thing. She said twitches on their own are irrelevant - and that several times a week people come to her office worrying about twitches and NOT ONE of those people has had ALS in he ENTIRE career. It was SO reassuring that I stopped worrying about ALS for months (and stopped twitching too, incidentally!!)- only now I am worrying again so these words are MUCH needed. Thank you thank you!!!

tan235
24-11-17, 08:34
Fishmapa, I'm dissapointed I didn't get the "I told ya so' GIF!
I"m twitching all over tonight, so annoying, but hey gues what - I don't CARE! ;)

pulisa
24-11-17, 08:45
That's just the right attitude to have!! You're in the clear so let the twitches do their worst!