PDA

View Full Version : whooshing in head

ItWillPass
22-11-17, 16:42
I am going through a really bad bout of anxiety right now. I keep hearing this loud whooshing sound in my head. It is much worse at night and has kept me up the last several nights. Sometimes I can rearrange my position and it gets better. I did what I KNOW I should not do, and googled, I saw some pretty bad things... (precursor to stroke being one of them) I am feeling like a ticking time bomb. I did message my dr, who seemed unconcerned, but the issue is I am known as a bit of a hypochondriac so sometimes I feel I will need to have a knife stuck in me and gushing blood in order for him to be concerned. :weep: Just really struggling. Have any of you ever had this? Thanks

xfilme
27-11-17, 00:54
Could it be pulsitile tinnitis? I makes a wushing noise in you ear/s in time with your heartbeat.

lofwyr
27-11-17, 14:05
I have pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear. Mine has no determined cause as of an MRI now. It can have a cause, anything from anxiety to TMJ, to other issues. It can also have no cause what so ever. Mine seems to be going towards the "no cause what so ever" direction.

Worth bringing up to your GP, but I have had mine for 2 to 3 years. Only noticeable in a quiet room or at night sleeping, but it is always there. Sounds like a woosh to the beat of my heart in my left ear. Honestly, sometimes I don't notice at all, other times it keeps me awake at night.