PDA

View Full Version : Fear of fainting...bordering on being agoraphobic

Ella13
22-11-17, 20:38
Hi everyone. does Anyone else have a fear of fainting in public? It’s happened a couple of times in my life time (I’m 29) once when I was a teenager and once when I was pregnant for the first time 4 years ago. Ever since having my son my anxiety has been awful. I suffer from a lot of palpitations and chest pain. Its only been in the last year where I forcefully stop myself from going places on my own or with my son in fear I’m going to faint.

I work from home, which I suppose doesn’t really help as it’s an excuse to stay at home rather than go out to work.

Before my son was born I moved to a different county with my partner and I have never made any friends so I feel so lonely. I think if I did it would get me out the house.

I feel like I’ve secluded myself away, my partner has to do the shopping and I buy everything online. I can never just ‘pop’ to the shops to get milk or whatever. Basically anything indoors that involves lots of people or queuing up, I just can’t do it.
I can go out to walk the dog or take my son to the park, anything outside with limited amount of people is fine, and I’m fine going on holiday or going places if I have my partner with me.

I’m pregnant again and I really want to start going to baby groups once my baby is born (something I didn’t do with my first due to my anxiety )

Even talking about it has made me feel funny and faint, and I’m just sat on the couch watching coronation street haha!

Is anyone the same??!!

Ella13
23-11-17, 12:23
I guess I’m on my own with this :(

bingjam
23-11-17, 12:51
Hi.... I also worry about fainting in public and 2 years ago I used to worry about leaving the bouse incase I fainted but then someone told me isn’t it better to faint in public where there is loads of people who can help you compared to fainting whilst alone and hurting yourself whilst falling?? And just think of there is people around you whilst it happens these people will look after your child.

Anxiety sucks as right now I’m worried about my heart again, and also get overly nervous when I have to go out. It gets worse during the school run for some reason. Just push yourself to get out cause the more you fight it the more you will realise that it’s just anxiety and then you’ll end up beating the cycle your currently in