PDA

View Full Version : So ridiculous

Mel_82
22-11-17, 22:51
Ever since I was a teenager I was afraid of something.
My life has been like this:

Stomach pains = pretty sure it’s cancer (it wasn’t, it was a stomach lining issue)
Migraines that got a bit worse with age = pretty sure it’s cancer (it’s not, it’s aura migraines).
Heartburn/weird pains = pretty sure it’s heart failure (it wasn’t ... it’s gallstones).
Painful periods = positive it’s ovarian or cervical cancer (it’s a cyst).

Recently I’ve been getting lower stomach pains, and though I know I have a cyst and gallstones I’m still convinced this is going to be my last Christmas ever. I mean logically it probably won’t be because for the past 15-20 years I’ve been constantly “dying” of something.

I went to the ER last week for chest pains - which was gallbladder related. He did blood work and said to me that it wasn’t my heart but my kindey enzymes were a bit elevated as was the protein in my blood. He said it’s most likely related to my gallbladder and I need to stop procrastinating and get it taken out ...

Since then I’ve convinced myself that my kidney/protein is out of whack because the pains in my ovary-area is actually cancer throwing my system off balance ... again, I logically know this is unlikely which makes this so much more frustrating.

It’s exhausting to continuously feel relief from a positive diagnoses only to turn around and find something else to worry about the next day.

Fishmanpa
22-11-17, 23:01
Based on your post, you know this was gall bladder related and apparently having it removed has been suggested prior. That means there is a medical reason causing your symptoms which would be alleviated by surgery yet you believe it's cancer? With respect, that's just not rational :lac:

If surgery will resolve the issue, then a few weeks of discomfort is worth years of struggle.

Positive thoughts

Mel_82
22-11-17, 23:07
Based on your post, you know this was gall bladder related and apparently having it removed has been suggested prior. That means there is a medical reason causing your symptoms which would be alleviated by surgery yet you believe it's cancer? With respect, that's just not rational :lac:

If surgery will resolve the issue, then a few weeks of discomfort is worth years of struggle.

Positive thoughts

I agree. It’s not rational. Which I guess is the basis behind health anxiety. Not a lot of the feelings are rational.

As for surgery. I’m worried about the surgery because my cousin, who was my age at the time of his death, passed away due to a fluke error during routine kidney stone removal.