PDA

View Full Version : Skipped beats and other illness

jonesm
23-11-17, 13:45
Hi all.

It looks like I've had a similar experience to people on this board. I started getting missed beats about 8 years ago, and those gradually turned into runs of SVT for which I had a successful ablation in 2010. I don't get any runs of SVT anymore, but I certainly get palps, especially when tired, after exercise, stressed or ill, and particularly when my immune system is activated. Just before a cold blooms fully I get maybe a day of non-stop skipped beats, for example. I can pretty much tell when I've got some form of infection by the number and frequency of palps.

This week it has been a bit different - the palps are infrequent (although more than I would normally get in a day) and I'm feeling a bit tired and weary, but by no means as bad as I would normally be during a cold or flu. I'm still at work and have even managed the odd gym session, but I'm definitely not as perky as I was. Seems as though every time I stand up or move around or sit back down again I get a few palps.

Everyone in the office has had a cold or has had a day off or so with something. Could this be some kind of very slow-burning virus maybe?

Thanks!
M