PDA

View Full Version : omeprazole by itself???

RubyBelle
23-11-17, 17:35
Ok, I know I shouldn't read stuff online but I do , even if to find information to calm me down if nothing else. But often find things which set me off, comparing to my situation, thinking- but that does NOT apply to me! So basically have started taking omeprazole after prescribed it by dr who asked me if a stool sample a few months back was testing for h. pylori , I said no just inflammation and came back negative, so idk. Based on my symptoms- gnawing hunger even after eating, acid reflux and belching she prescribed me omeprazole for 4 weeks- so am looking thinking ok, does this mean a peptic ulcer suspected and if so why has she just prescribed omeprazole? Cos I am reading that it must be combined with antibiotics! Given she worried me already by saying, if it doesn't ease it, come back and will do an endoscopy..I am freaking out, but before she considers that why would I just be put on omeprazole. If it is an ulcer, surely the bacteria causing it eeds to be killed too, otherwise of COURSE it is going to come back! These are nurses that now see to have the authority to prescribe now and your hard pushed to see a doctor at my surgery..I don't wish to make it seem like I know better- but has anyone else just been prescribed omeprazole on it's own? Am panicking that if am not also taking something else, it won't treat it and will get worse and worse and serious...I wish I could stop being so anxious but I can't . I would just continue course and see what happens , am just not sure if this is "normal" thing to prescribe alone, as am reading about it being combined with something else...I already feel like sometimes gp thinks i am hypochondriac when i ask questions to help me understand things.

Capercrohnj
23-11-17, 17:44
I was on omeprazole on it's own for 2 years

nomorepanic
23-11-17, 17:57
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.