PDA

View Full Version : Mole on Chest

veryworriedgal
23-11-17, 19:15
So to start things off, this bad boy has been on me for as long as i can remember. It’s always been small, and raised. It’s the only raised mole on my body, actually. For the past few months it’s been hurting to touch but i figured since my shirt collar is always rubbing against it it’s just constantly being irritated. Since i have health anxiety, whenever i look into it i always convince myself that it has one of the ABCDE’s even if it doesn’t. that’s why i’m here. I know you guys can not diagnose me, but since you don’t have an ever vigilant eye on this particular mole maybe you guys can help me if any of the ABCDEs are present. (it’s red and irritated because yesterday i scratched it and something black got on it and i didn’t know if it was connected so i used tweezers and may have knicked at the mole. that’s why i’m assuming it’s darker today.)

thanks if you can help.
https://ibb.co/nGazdR

---------- Post added at 19:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

also, do you guys know what helps an irritated mole? i put neosporin and a bandaid on it but i don’t know if that actually does anything.

Gary A
23-11-17, 19:49
A- Asymmetry. No, it is not asymmetrical.
B- Border. No, the border is not irregular.
C- Colour. No, it is not differing colours of black, red and brown.
D- Diameter. No, it is not 6mm or larger in diameter.
E- Evolution. No, it’s not evolving, you’ve had it for years.

tmckenzie-orr
23-11-17, 21:46
It’s a inflamed mole not cancer, should get it removed so stops rubbing

veryworriedgal
03-12-17, 19:23
Hello! so it’s been a week and a half since i posted this thread, and my mole is still red and shiny. it’s no longer irritated, however. Does it take a long time for moles to heal and become brown again? I couldn’t find that information online for some reason. Thanks

veryworriedgal
05-12-17, 11:28
Sorry for bumping this again, but i’d highly appreciate an answer to my last reply. I don’t know why i cannot find answers to that online, my search queries come back with how the scars of a mole removal are shiny, and how it takes a while for an area of skin to heal after mole removal. not helpful, as my mole has not been removed, aha.

Fishmanpa
05-12-17, 12:58
Sorry you're still worrying about this :( The real problem is reassurance won't help you here. You could have 3 pages worth of it and still worry(or find something else to fixate on). If you're that concerned book an appointment. The "Told ya so gang" will be on standby ;)

Positive thoughts

CHELLEB1017
05-12-17, 14:20
What does it look like today after a week? Could you post another photo? Also I accidentally scratched off a brown mole before on my back and it grew back after 6 months and its very very very pale not the same color at all.

Fishmanpa
05-12-17, 14:25
What does it look like today after a week? Could you post another photo?

Please no photos :emot-pray: We can't say one way or another :shrug: Unless it looks like Mt. Vesuvius, it's just a mole...

Positive thoughts

veryworriedgal
18-01-18, 22:21
Hello! with how old this thread is i am unsure if bumping is a thing that works, but the mole has healed and is back to its mole-y self. Recently however i noticed a dark spot in the center and i took to google (i know, i know, shame on me) and i saw nothing good with that. HOWEVER i’m wondering if this could just mean pigment returning after being scratched open, or if i should urge to be brought to the doctor as soon as possible? i know you guys cannot diagnose, but yeah! thanks if you can. i took a picture of it, here :) https://ibb.co/iCCUZ6

ps i haven’t touched it at all, i just noticed it while looking at myself in the mirror before my shower haha

chibear
19-01-18, 00:18
If you’re worried you should go see your doctor or dermatologist. They could tell you for sure. I had a mole removed this week that was black, asymmetrical, and jagged borders. I convinced myself I had melanoma. It came back mildly atypical and removing it completely took care of the problem. Not cancer. My point is that it’s highly likely to be nothing but if you’re concerned go and see a dermatologist.

anxious72
31-01-18, 16:39
I have a small mole (3mm) that is a bit sore when pressed/touched. It is in the lower back region below the waistline, brown and oval in shape. No other changes. It all stared a few days ago. Anyone else with tender moles? I am little bit concerned as I don't remember irritating it at all. :unsure: