PDA

View Full Version : Do not give up.... here's why!

MrsDavies
23-11-17, 20:31
I come to you today to share my story in the hope it brings comfort or hope to as many of you as possible. I have been health anxiety free for around two whole years now and although life throws problems of some form or another from time to time (that's life after all!), I am mostly okay :yesyes:

When I had HA, I can honestly say I probably experienced almost every symptom in the book. Unfortunately, that's not an exaggeration. You name it, i probably had it. That's not to mention all the diseases i convinced myself i had and trust me, there was plenty of those. But guess what? I am alive :yahoo:
All those harrowing experiences and feelings of being on the verge of death were all in my head after all and if they weren't in my head, they were a physical and possibly even psychosomatic manifestation of my anxiety. I remember the questions that used to run through my head, heck, i even remember posting on here asking for reassurance that i wasn't about to journey to the afterlife. Most of all, i remember doubting every doctor, nurse, family member, friend etc that i was in fact ill, mentally, but not physically.

It all seems so far away now but i will never forget the hopelessness, the constant whirring thoughts, the arguments that ensued, the panic attacks, the feeling of absolute doom and catastrophe, the being scared that if i slept i wouldn't wake back up, the relief when a doctor told me i was okay (for all of five minutes before i went and got a second, third and gosh knows how many opinions) and the watching of the world, my life, crashing right down in front of my eyes.

My reason for coming here today is simply because, as i sat here watching trashy TV, a very random thought came to my head ''I wonder how everyone is doing on NoMorePanic''. And then it clicked, i had to come on and tell you my story, tell you that you will be okay, tell you that although you feel you have it so much worse than everybody else and that perhaps in this case the doctors are mistaken, YOU ARE WRONG :hugs:

You CAN get better, it does not matter if you've had HA for a month, a year or 10 years or more, never ever lose hope. You can accept it in the here and now of course, but don't ever think that this is your life forever. Don't ever accept it as your life forevermore. I scaled on the extreme end of the scale when i had HA, to the point only certain professionals had the training to actually help me, i was even told by one team that i was scoring way to high for them to help! The point is, if I, scoring as high as i did with an impending broken marriage because of my illness, and being unable to walk properly some days because my anxiety was soooo high, sometimes being unable to function at all and having panic attacks multiple times a day as well as a host of physical symptoms can be HA free.... SO CAN YOU :bighug1:

So, any questions about anything from symptoms to treatment or absolutely anything else then ask away. And of course, i really do hope this brings at least one of you hope, you deserve to believe in yourself and a recovery, no matter how far away or impossible that may seem, you really do :flowers:

jojo2316
23-11-17, 20:51
Thank you! This post comes at a very in-need time for me! How long did you suffer for? And how long have you been well for? Congratulations on getting better!
I have suffered for ten years now. I have had a few years of remission but this latest relapse has lasted about a year.... and I am beginning to worry I will never be rid of it. I've proved resistant to therapy and medication
Thank you for sharing

MrsDavies
23-11-17, 20:59
Thank you! This post comes at a very in-need time for me! How long did you suffer for? And how long have you been well for? Congratulations on getting better!
I have suffered for ten years now. I have had a few years of remission but this latest relapse has lasted about a year.... and I am beginning to worry I will never be rid of it. I've proved resistant to therapy and medication
Thank you for sharing

Thank you! I suffered for around 3 years and I have been well for around 2 years now! I have struggled with generalised anxiety and depression for 8 years but have been mostly free from that also now. I’m sorry your going through a difficult time at the moment but please do not think this is life for you forever. You may have proven resistant to some meds and therapy but that doesn’t mean there’s not something out there that can help you, my motto is “there is always a way” and I truly believe that :hugs:

Anx10ty
23-11-17, 22:24
Thank you for sharing!

fma11122345
23-11-17, 22:33
Hi there, im new to ha as it only started this past summer when I found a bump in my neck (ent said it was nothing thank god) but that just light the fues for my anxiety and form there I was sure I hade lung, bone and my latest is brain cancer due to this off dizzy feeling iv been getting all month along with some eye troubles and a on and off low grade headache. Its t terrifying....I just can't sake it. I'm glade you where able to sake off this monster! Do you have any tips?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Haced
23-11-17, 23:15
This is a great post!

To add on, and I'll admit, to some this might NOT be helpful for everyone, but something I've been doing recently to stave off my worries has been to read news about cancer trials/stuff about other diseases I fear and things new in medicine.

Its honestly amazing, some of the stuff.

MrsDavies
24-11-17, 16:46
Hi there, im new to ha as it only started this past summer when I found a bump in my neck (ent said it was nothing thank god) but that just light the fues for my anxiety and form there I was sure I hade lung, bone and my latest is brain cancer due to this off dizzy feeling iv been getting all month along with some eye troubles and a on and off low grade headache. Its t terrifying....I just can't sake it. I'm glade you where able to sake off this monster! Do you have any tips?

Those sound exactly like anxiety symptoms to me and the more you worry, the more physical symptoms you’ll get and the more you’ll fear they are a disease of some form. Although, I know it’s so easy for me to say that now I’m in my right mind but understand for you, that seems impossible. My tips would be to get your statistics right. Media makes things sound all to common when in fact, if you flip the statistics i.e- 1 in 4 people will get cancer to 3 out of 4 people will never get cancer, it can ease fears a heck of a lot and put things into perspective. Also, try different treatments, don’t give up if one medication doesn’t work or one form of CBT isn’t helping, strive to find what will work for you, I honestly believe there is something for everyone. If your spiritual, make that something you focus on when your anxiety is high, sometimes prayer can ease the panic. And finally, keep posting on here, this site proved infallible to me when I was in the tight grip of HA :hugs:

fma11122345
24-11-17, 23:29
Those sound exactly like anxiety symptoms to me and the more you worry, the more physical symptoms you’ll get and the more you’ll fear they are a disease of some form. Although, I know it’s so easy for me to say that now I’m in my right mind but understand for you, that seems impossible. My tips would be to get your statistics right. Media makes things sound all to common when in fact, if you flip the statistics i.e- 1 in 4 people will get cancer to 3 out of 4 people will never get cancer, it can ease fears a heck of a lot and put things into perspective. Also, try different treatments, don’t give up if one medication doesn’t work or one form of CBT isn’t helping, strive to find what will work for you, I honestly believe there is something for everyone. If your spiritual, make that something you focus on when your anxiety is high, sometimes prayer can ease the panic. And finally, keep posting on here, this site proved infallible to me when I was in the tight grip of HA :hugs:I hope its just that. I just feel like I can't get out of this hole @.@ thank you

MrsDavies
30-12-17, 01:20
I hope its just that. I just feel like I can't get out of this hole @.@ thank you

Honestly, it is! I know that’s so hard to believe right now though. I myself felt the same way, I wouldn’t believe anyone. I got short relief from reassurances but then the cycle started again. But you absolutely can and will get better, it could be quick or it could be a very slow process but it’s doable :hugs:

Fishmanpa
30-12-17, 01:29
Inspiring post! So nice to see something encouraging for a change :D

Positive thoughts

Chris 614
30-12-17, 06:31
Very helpful! Thanks!

cattia
30-12-17, 07:40
I'm interested to know what meds and therapy helped you. And what you do now if you have symptoms that used to bother you. Thanks for posting, it's so encouraging to hear positive stories.

Potter86
30-12-17, 10:44
I come to you today to share my story in the hope it brings comfort or hope to as many of you as possible. I have been health anxiety free for around two whole years now and although life throws problems of some form or another from time to time (that's life after all!), I am mostly okay :yesyes:

When I had HA, I can honestly say I probably experienced almost every symptom in the book. Unfortunately, that's not an exaggeration. You name it, i probably had it. That's not to mention all the diseases i convinced myself i had and trust me, there was plenty of those. But guess what? I am alive :yahoo:
All those harrowing experiences and feelings of being on the verge of death were all in my head after all and if they weren't in my head, they were a physical and possibly even psychosomatic manifestation of my anxiety. I remember the questions that used to run through my head, heck, i even remember posting on here asking for reassurance that i wasn't about to journey to the afterlife. Most of all, i remember doubting every doctor, nurse, family member, friend etc that i was in fact ill, mentally, but not physically.

It all seems so far away now but i will never forget the hopelessness, the constant whirring thoughts, the arguments that ensued, the panic attacks, the feeling of absolute doom and catastrophe, the being scared that if i slept i wouldn't wake back up, the relief when a doctor told me i was okay (for all of five minutes before i went and got a second, third and gosh knows how many opinions) and the watching of the world, my life, crashing right down in front of my eyes.

My reason for coming here today is simply because, as i sat here watching trashy TV, a very random thought came to my head ''I wonder how everyone is doing on NoMorePanic''. And then it clicked, i had to come on and tell you my story, tell you that you will be okay, tell you that although you feel you have it so much worse than everybody else and that perhaps in this case the doctors are mistaken, YOU ARE WRONG :hugs:

You CAN get better, it does not matter if you've had HA for a month, a year or 10 years or more, never ever lose hope. You can accept it in the here and now of course, but don't ever think that this is your life forever. Don't ever accept it as your life forevermore. I scaled on the extreme end of the scale when i had HA, to the point only certain professionals had the training to actually help me, i was even told by one team that i was scoring way to high for them to help! The point is, if I, scoring as high as i did with an impending broken marriage because of my illness, and being unable to walk properly some days because my anxiety was soooo high, sometimes being unable to function at all and having panic attacks multiple times a day as well as a host of physical symptoms can be HA free.... SO CAN YOU :bighug1:

So, any questions about anything from symptoms to treatment or absolutely anything else then ask away. And of course, i really do hope this brings at least one of you hope, you deserve to believe in yourself and a recovery, no matter how far away or impossible that may seem, you really do :flowers:

Thanks for this thread it gives people hope,i have always had minor health anxiety if i ever had a slight problem i would be on google and up the doctors in a heartbeat but up untill this year i hadnt been the doctors in a few years untill this year i think i have broken the world record for how many times i have been and how many different doctors ive seen!!! Im really struggling with the MS hole at the minute constant shaking for over 2 months,back is in bits,dizziness and feeling sick alot,i have stopped doing things i used to do and i spend my days constantly on here and thinking of all my symptoms convinced its MS it really has taken over my life

Dying_Swan
30-12-17, 13:29
What a lovely, positive post.

Thank you for sharing, MrsDavies. I am so pleased to hear you are free of your health anxiety :yesyes:

Happy New Year to you :D