PDA

View Full Version : Hands going numb during sleep

Jimbob12
24-11-17, 07:40
For a couple of weeks now on and off my hands have been going numb during sleep, as soon as I wake up and give em a wiggle they come back to life and all seems good, I am not sleeping on them as ive noticed it particularly happens to the arm I am not sleeping on.
In my head I have already gone to worst case scenario lol I am thinking circulation issues or heart attacks.
I do a lot of weight training at the gym, I don't know if this could cause it.
Any ideas ?

tmckenzie-orr
24-11-17, 08:28
Sounds as if your laying on them funny or whatever and more U notice itnhappenijg the more it happens , don’t worry won’t be nothing else but that i do weight training and only time I get loose floppy arms and hands is when I sleep funny on them or put under pillow etc

swajj
24-11-17, 08:33
This used to happen to me all the time when I had anxiety. The doctor said that I was probably compressing some nerve running down my arm. I didn’t really feel reassured by that because it didn’t matter how I slept it still happened. It would sometimes be 2 or 3 fingers and sometimes my whole hand. It happened to both hands too. I’m convinced that it has something to do with how tensed our muscles are when we have HA, even when we are sleeping. I had this happen almost every night for nearly 3 years. It hasn’t happened at all since I recovered. Put this one out of your head, it’s definitely anxiety.

Jimbob12
24-11-17, 12:25
Thanks so much for the replies guys.

DonnaT
24-11-17, 12:34
I found this kept happening to me. I tried to really think about what was happening in my day. I related mine to anxiety, I think that I was sleeping more curled up because subconsciously my body knew I was in a state of anxiety and it was trying to protect itself.I’ve had a lot of anxiety recently and I’ve had a lot of pins and needles

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

I found this kept happening to me. I tried to really think about what was happening in my day. I related mine to anxiety, I think that I was sleeping more curled up because subconsciously my body knew I was in a state of anxiety and it was trying to protect itself.I’ve had a lot of anxiety recently and I’ve had a lot of pins and needles

nomorepanic
24-11-17, 12:40
It could be to do with your posture and a possible trapped nerve at night.

I get this and am currently getting physio for it.