PDA

View Full Version : Obsessing over peripheral vision and other issues

Chlobo
24-11-17, 08:55
The title says it all really, I keep whacking my eyes sideways to make sure my peripheral vision is still alright. It’s driving me mad, I keep walking around in different places and checking it by moving my head certain angles. It’s making me panic. It’s also making my eye feel weird cause I’m straining it.

When my hands get cold my fingers stiffen up and I can’t move them too well, my leg muscles also feel strange when they get cold. (I’m in England and it’s clld here now)

I get a strange weakness feeling down my shin and ankle that comes and goes both legs can be affected but mainly the left. I also get the same sensation in my arms.

My bigggest health fear is having a brain tumor and these symptoms aren’t helping my panic. I’m struggling to live a normal life at the moment, I’m suffering with some bad post natal depression as well and my youngest baby is staying with my friend because of this. My whole life feels like a mess and I can’t see any way out. I’ve got a doctors appointment later today but I’m scared he’s going to freak out over my symptoms

swajj
24-11-17, 09:09
Stop it. I used to do that (I used to half the stuff you read on here lol). You are focused on your vision and it will seem abnormal until you can really stop “checking” it. Watch the tele. And don’t start thinking things like “I’m sure that when I used to watch tele I could see a lot more in my peripheral vision when I was looking at the screen than I can now”. You couldn’t. :winks:

Chlobo
24-11-17, 09:27
Thanks for the super fast reply. Yeah I’m really trying but it’s so hard, I’m just wanting to check it constantly and it’s so hard to stop doing it. It makes me look like a bloody weirdo though! I have a terrible habit of self checking everything at the moment.

Annaboodle
24-11-17, 10:39
Are you seeing the doctor today about your anxiety, or are you seeing them about these perceived physical symptoms?

Chlobo
24-11-17, 10:42
Both I think annaboodle. I’m just a wreck right now

Annaboodle
24-11-17, 10:55
I know. I feel awful for you going through such a bad time. That's good though - if you can I'd just tell the doctor absolutely everything. Doesn't matter if you cry or ramble or whatever comes out. I've written things down and handed them a bit of paper before now! I think they need to see the state you're in sometimes. I went through a terrible time when I had my first baby (she's 12 now) and I kept everything bottled up for a v. long time desperately trying to seem like I was coping when I wasn't. Things will get better and you're brave seeing the doc and doing the right things. I know it must seem huge right now starting to try and unpick everything when you have the PND and the health anxiety, but that is your doctor's job to help you, to get referrals and help to start to unpick and then put it all back together again x