PDA

View Full Version : Panic over dirty Letter Recieved

RainMorgan
24-11-17, 15:54
Hello,

I know this may sound totally paranoid, but I received a letter from Student Finance, and inside the envelope, the letter was covered in stuff. I'm not sure what it was. It was like little moist-to-touch clumps, yellow-y white. I touched them before thinking but then got worried. My nan just wiped it off and said it looked like rice or something and someone was probably just eating their dinner.

I, however, am not panicking about Anthrax or other poisons.

Nothing looked suspicious about the letter, apart from the fact it included a send back envelope with that stuff on but i didn't need to send anything back I don't think? It was just a confirmation letter. So now I am panicking because that seems fishy.

I've washed my hands about 4 times all ready but it'll all ready be on my clothes, towels, surfaces, in the air, and It's kinda' just spiralled to where I can't be logical.

Please help.

Phuzella
24-11-17, 19:41
I'd actually complain to Student Finance. How unprofessional, leaving food in a letter :mad:

RainMorgan
24-11-17, 19:43
I'd actually complain to Student Finance. How unprofessional, leaving food in a letter :mad:

I've rang them. Just to ask why I had a send back envelope for something I didn't need to send back hoping it might calm my anxiety. She didn't seem to think it was abnormal and said she was sure the substance wasn't anything dangerous, which probably helped a little.

But I can't shake it. What if it's not food?

Phuzella
24-11-17, 20:01
I'm sure it was food. And it's certainly not toxic just very unprofessional.

RainMorgan
24-11-17, 20:14
I'm sure it was food. And it's certainly not toxic just very unprofessional.

I'm glad you're so sure. That's reassuring. x3 Can I ask what makes you so sure so I can try and use your logic? Mine's totally failing me.

Phuzella
24-11-17, 20:23
I've panicked over so many things, similar to your fears. And they never come to pass.. I'm a lot older than you, I assume anyway as you're dealing with Student finance :). Trust your nan, she said it was rice or something. So therefore it was a messy, probably overworked, office worker grabbing lunch at their desk. :)

RainMorgan
24-11-17, 21:38
I've panicked over so many things, similar to your fears. And they never come to pass.. I'm a lot older than you, I assume anyway as you're dealing with Student finance :). Trust your nan, she said it was rice or something. So therefore it was a messy, probably overworked, office worker grabbing lunch at their desk. :)

Thank you :'3 I'll try to remember those words. I feel like i've lost hours from today, I can't even remember them, just sheer panic, freezing cold. And I've calmed some but it comes back and back.

lior
24-11-17, 23:10
When you said dirty letter, I thought you meant something else!

People make mistakes all the time. They might have put in an envelope accidentally into your envelope when they meant to put it in someone else's.

If someone wanted to poison you, they wouldn't do it via student finance. I'm sure there are much more exciting ways to poison someone. Anyway, I highly doubt anyone would want to poison a lovely person like you.

RainMorgan
25-11-17, 00:31

People make mistakes all the time. They might have put in an envelope accidentally into your envelope when they meant to put it in someone else's.

If someone wanted to poison you, they wouldn't do it via student finance. I'm sure there are much more exciting ways to poison someone. Anyway, I highly doubt anyone would want to poison a lovely person like you.

Oh... yeah, wow. I didn't even think about phrasing XD Oops! Argh...

Aww. Thank you! Uh, I don't know. I've tried to carry on with my day but as you can tell, I can't really sleep. Thanks for the reassuring words though.

MyNameIsTerry
25-11-17, 05:07

So I wasn't the only one to open the thread with a different expectation? :D

I would go with what your nan says. I wondered where this was going over a substance but that would be clearly identifiable by smell and very different to what rice would produce.

Perhaps it's a case of a student working for them eating their meal whilst stuffing envelopes? Unprofessional as Phuzella says but you can get such attitudes if people haven't worked before and they soon learn from tellings off (only some students entering the workplace, just the same as any school leaver).

Lola-Lee
25-11-17, 05:29
I thought the same as loir and Terry :D
I had a dirty note left on my windshield yesterday,even I blushed at what was said.:blush:

MyNameIsTerry
25-11-17, 06:07
I thought the same as loir and Terry :D
I had a dirty note left on my windshield yesterday,even I blushed at what was said.:blush:

I'll be having words with Phill!!! :winks:

(our dirty minds eh?!!! Worse than the letter! :blush:)

RainMorgan
25-11-17, 16:40
Well, I think I'd rather have received a dirty-worded letter. XD I can freak out a little and then forget that.

I managed to sleep in the end. :3 Woke up still worrying. I think I will for a while as it says the symptoms can take 1-7 days to appear. Also, I don't really remember what it smells like so I can't comment there.

Thank you guys.

Lola-Lee
26-11-17, 08:06
I'll be having words with Phill!!! :winks:

(our dirty minds eh?!!! Worse than the letter! :blush:)

I don't know Terry, don't want to get inside of the mind of this bloke, I assume it was a bloke,one sick puppy.:wtf1:

RainMorgan
26-11-17, 22:51
I don't know Terry, don't want to get inside of the mind of this bloke, I assume it was a bloke,one sick puppy.:wtf1:

I'm sorry someone sent that to you. That's horrible. D: People are strange when they wanna' get a kick.

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-17, 02:37

Yeah and a right coward too. I bet he would have shrunk if you turned up as he was putting it there. :nicked::redcard::buttkick:

RainMorgan
16-12-17, 04:35
Hey everyone,

Thanks for all the responses. I passed the 7-10 day mark and I was alive! So I tried to distance myself from the worry. I had college assignments to do anyway.

But having read that Inhalation anthrax can take 2 months to kill you I am now worried again, especially because a day or two ago i got a sore throat. It hurts to swallow. I've been feeling fatigued as well with little appetite. People think it's just general winter cold / sickness, but I can't shake the link to symptoms of inhalation anthrax. I'm so scared. I've fallen right back into it.