PDA

View Full Version : bite or spot on arm?

helenhoo
24-11-17, 23:09
Random location, friend said looks like a bite.

Gary A
24-11-17, 23:29
Random location, friend said looks like a bite.

That’s nice.

nomorepanic
24-11-17, 23:56
What do you want us to do about it Helen?

nomorepanic
25-11-17, 00:19
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=210574

MyNameIsTerry
25-11-17, 05:27
Please turn to your worksheets that your therapist gave you.

You need to stop a cycle of reasurrance about all these things or you will just drift back to how you were before. Catch it now whilst it's still building up.

Josh1234
25-11-17, 07:44
Sheeee's back

helenhoo
25-11-17, 12:07
I have a newish mole on leg too, i know these are common. It's dark brown, good size and shape and symmetrical but ran finger over it and its raised.

Elen
25-11-17, 12:11
Please turn to your worksheets that your therapist gave you.

You need to stop a cycle of reasurrance about all these things or you will just drift back to how you were before. Catch it now whilst it's still building up.

Couldn't agree more

Bigboyuk
25-11-17, 14:28
lHelen what are you trying to achieve from all this many now including my self will not give you reassurance we aren't being mean just being realistic if we keep giving you reassurance then the cycle goes round and round and is not helpful one bit, so that's it really. Like Terry says get those work sheets out and start applying them again these will help :) ATB

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

Helen why are you ignoring posts re your CBT Can you answer????

Elen
25-11-17, 14:29
Sheeee's back

And so are you by the looks of it:D

posted as elen a member

Gary A
25-11-17, 14:46
Helen why are you ignoring posts re your CBT Can you answer????

Because she’s never done CBT but pretends she has so we won’t just tell her to go and do it. This allows her to seek reassurance constantly without grief.

Elen
25-11-17, 15:00
Because she’s never done CBT but pretends she has so we won’t just tell her to go and do it. This allows her to seek reassurance constantly without grief.

Proof Gary? As has been said previously the first option through the NHS is a very short generic course, Not one that can deal with deep routed issues

Gary A
25-11-17, 15:04
Proof Gary? As has been said previously the first option through the NHS is a very short generic course, Not one that can deal with deep routed issues

It’s my opinion, that’s all. Proof for me is the swerving of questions about her CBT and when asked how she would deal with these issues using her CBT she says she’ll “apply logic.” I don’t believe her, but that’s up to me, I never said anyone else had to think the same.

Bigboyuk
25-11-17, 15:55
Because she’s never done CBT but pretends she has so we won’t just tell her to go and do it. This allows her to seek reassurance constantly without grief. I do doubt this too Gary, but saying that if she has had CBT it was probably 6-8 sessions which clearly isn't enough for deep rooted problems IMHO ATB

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

And guess what Helen is now off line why well could be a number of things but would say it's because there is no reassurance taking place right now so she has gone for now!" ATB

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-17, 02:15
And so are you by the looks of it:D

posted as elen a member

:winks: :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 02:15 ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 ----------

It’s my opinion, that’s all. Proof for me is the swerving of questions about her CBT and when asked how she would deal with these issues using her CBT she says she’ll “apply logic.” I don’t believe her, but that’s up to me, I never said anyone else had to think the same.

I've said this a few times and each time it gets ignored. Elen has just repeated it and again, it has been ignored. Dave has just mentioned it, I'm sure it will again get ignored.

You don't get CBT in Level 2!!! You don't even get full CBT in Level 3!!! IAPT was criticised by leading professional bodies in the UK at it's inception for this very reason - it's about getting to people fast at the cost of quality.

If you read the NICE Stepped Care Pathway you would understand that Level 2 a small number of guide self help style options with a PWP. A PWP isn't expected to even be trained in CBT.

Level 3 is where you get the IAPT strip down CBT therapy. It takes months to access and you can have 12-15 sessions, although some areas are being very cheap and offering as little as six.

In the time she accessed therapy, which is entirely possible as my area aims for 30 days at Level 2, I suspect she accessed the first step post GP (GP is Level 1). Waiting times for Level 3 are more commonly 3 months on average although some can be over a year. Level 4 is frequently a year & over and nothing to do with IAPT, it's CMHT and you are going into the same service as any out patient (Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Refractory Anxiety, Major Depression, etc) so you are low priority unless you are classed as at risk and even then, as Elen will tell you, you can be sectioned from an attempted suicide and be out a week later with next to no support let alone any "therapy".

I went through both these levels. In Level 2 I learned bugger all about CBT. There is more in the stickies above than in Level 2 in the guided self help I had. It was a PWP ringing me for 20 minutes for 4 sessions over 4 weeks. Quick to access, got a few booklets (which aren't anywhere near as good as the stickies are, poor NHS quality crappy A4's with the most basic advice to be found on any "guru" site that took a few hours to copy & paste over from another), and...that was it.

I didn't learn hardly anything until I got to Level 3. What I know about CBT now is a lot more than what my therapist gave me because I've read about it. You will learn far more about CBT from a book than you ever will from IAPT in my opinion.

Level 4 is where you get a better trained multi disciplined therapist. You get more seeions over a longer period and they work with more severe cases.

So, if you are going to judge her purely on lack of knowledge then you don't believe I ever had it either. Of course, she may not have but your evidence is insufficient to me as someone has been through those stages.

And here's the kicker...it's not a formulaic thing. Go to therapy, get better. I spent years working through many issues and 5 years on I'm still on it now.

I see people on here who have had anxiety for years, some many years. The difference is that not everyone ties up repetitive threads. I've had anxiety over 10 years now. What's the difference? I don't post. That doesn't mean I'm not having rough times myself.

You've got to give people time. She might spent ages getting anywhere. It took me a long time to see any improvement. Level 2 did nothing. Level 3 helped a little bit but I went months with no progress. I saw more progress after I left therapy and found help in Mindfulness.

EDIT: I'm not suggesting Elen has had that experience but I know she understands the experiences of some who have on here. And my post if explaining stepped care as a general point to all, not necessarily just Gary who may be fully aware of it all for all I know.

swajj
26-11-17, 06:26
It’s convenient though hey?

tan235
26-11-17, 06:46
Woah, hang on a second, what are all these levels with CBT?
Is it not a generalised thing that varies with different therapists?
Does that mean - that if I don't understand what you're saying that I've never done CBT???

Break - through!
Can you study it online?

Helen .... you're worse than me and that's saying a lot as i thought I was one of the worst ... moles are easy to get checked out - go get them checked out ;)
I have new moles all the time or new spots, they generally are not moles but keratosis' which I imagine yours will be too.

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 ----------
QUOTE:
"In the time she accessed therapy, which is entirely possible as my area aims for 30 days at Level 2, I suspect she accessed the first step post GP (GP is Level 1). Waiting times for Level 3 are more commonly 3 months on average although some can be over a year. Level 4 is frequently a year & over and nothing to do with IAPT, it's CMHT and you are going into the same service as any out patient (Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Refractory Anxiety, Major Depression, etc) so you are low priority unless you are classed as at risk and even then, as Elen will tell you, you can be sectioned from an attempted suicide and be out a week later with next to no support let alone any "therapy".

--- What is this magic you speak of?
What's going on??????

Lola-Lee
26-11-17, 08:31
It has taken a few years to get to where I am today, I had extensive CBT and still battling,I thought it was working but I believe it's not for everyone. Just my 2cents worth.
Terry,our school is having a Christmas reunion party.:winks:

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-17, 11:06
Tan,

Please don't worry, what I wrote was in individual to the IAPT framework used in certain countries of the UK. They brought it in to speed up access to mental health services for anxiety & depression but it they did this by reducing training levels and the multi discipline approach that existed before it.

Whilst it's great for us, it has it's drawbacks because of this. And reducing training standards to cut down waiting lists is typical of our governments just as they reduced university standards to make the UK look more educated. The therapists may be well trained (for Level 3) and enough to provide full CBT but I doubt that mattered to the government who are always more interested in looking good.

CBT comes in various forms (it's into third wave now) and is much bigger than what IAPT will typically provide because they limit out maximum number of sessions. For instance, I had 12. As my therapist explained but in much nicer words, that's your lot and anymore means getting into Level 4. CBT itself does not have such timescales so real CBT is the full thing unhampered by government targets so you will have access to all of it subject to what your therapist wants to do inside of it's own parameters and you most likely have a multi disciplined therapist anyway subject to how your medical systems work (which I know little of).

Sorry for the confusion. With the OP being in the UK I was discussing it in terms of the NHS processes and not CBT as a therapy form. I hope that clears it up.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 ----------

It has taken a few years to get to where I am today, I had extensive CBT and still battling,I thought it was working but I believe it's not for everyone. Just my 2cents worth.
Terry,our school is having a Christmas reunion party.:winks:

:biggrin: