PDA

View Full Version : Dry nasal passages

xfilme
24-11-17, 23:42
Hi everyone. About two months ago i had a virus. It coincided with my using a plug in air freshner that was too strong that was making my nose burn so i got rid of it. Since then the inside of my nose has felt to dry. To the point that it is uncomfortable breathing through my nose because its somehow not warming the air and makes my nose burn as a result. It feels almost as if my nose is too clear. If you have ever gone for a run on an cold morning and experieced the burn from the temperature being too cold to breathe, its like that. I thought it might have been due to the change in temperature outside causing dry air indoors. I bought a humidifier for the bedroom but im not sure how long that should take to work if dry air was the cause. I know that if i see my doc about it, he will just roll his eyes and call it health anxiety. Trying to figure it out for myself as i dont like getting caught in the health anxiety doctor reassurance loop. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Fishmanpa
25-11-17, 01:23
Dry air IMO... try a saline nose spray and keep using the humidifier.

Positive thoughts

swgrl09
25-11-17, 02:53
I sometimes feel that way. I agree with saline, humidifier, or a neti-pot can help too.

Blonde123
25-11-17, 09:33
My son has the same andcgets frequent nose bleeds with it. The ent guys said Vaseline at bedtime inside both nostrils and again when you get up. It’s really common apparently x