PDA

View Full Version : Rabies anxiety

Hopethebest
25-11-17, 05:12
Hi. I am new here and i want to tell you my story with anxiety. I have a gsd puppy that nipped me in last may and i didnt had vaccinated. 7 months now the puppy still alive and happy and i still alive but anxious about rabies. I went to pasteur instutute and assured me that there is no risk of rabies but next time i should take shots if nipped again. All doctors told me that if the puppy was rabid he would die in 15 days after the bite but he still alive and healthy 7 months now.

I have anxiety issue when i get cold or flu i afraid to be rabies. Am on antidepressent escitallopram for 5 months sometimes i get better sometimes it get worse.

Now i have a sore throat and feel some pain in my neck when swallow but i can still eat and drink water and even shower. Do you think anxiety can make this pain when swallow ? I constantly try my swallowing and drink a lot of water.

Blonde123
25-11-17, 09:38
People with rabies have a fear of water do your fine if your drinking it! Your pup would be dead by now and you would be very ill. Your dog would be listless and aimlessly wandering about like it couldn’t settle and you would be in massive nerve pain and completely unable to string a sentence together. You do not have rabies and neither does your dog

Hopethebest
25-11-17, 10:21
Scary but thanks. My puppy had his rabies shots and even other vaccines. I just cant get the idea out of my mind although am on my medication. Every time i have cold or sore throat anxiety became worse. Thank you very much

Fishmanpa
25-11-17, 13:09
I went to pasteur instutute and assured me that there is no risk of rabies

That's one of the best and most prestigious hospitals in your country! Nuff said!

Get the dog vaccinated and be done with it.

Positive thoughts

Hopethebest
25-11-17, 15:41
The dog is vaccinated since he is 3 months old. And he is helthy and love to go in long walks. Eats a lot and love treats. It is just me who have negative thoughts. Pasteur instutute told me that i should had the shots but doesnt matter now, but if i get bitten again i should take shots.
They told me that dogs can only transmit rabies at the last stage of the illness and only lives for days not more than 15 days. Now is 7 months 210 days from the date he nipped me

Fishmanpa
25-11-17, 15:46
The dog is vaccinated since he is 3 months old. And he is helthy and love to go in long walks. Eats a lot and love treats. It is just me who have negative thoughts.... They told me that dogs can only transmit rabies at the last stage of the illness and only lives for days not more than 15 days. Now is 7 months 210 days from the date he nipped me

So knowing it's just you and that it's 100% impossible that you contracted it based on the time frames, what are you going to do about it? :whistles:

Positive thoughts

Hopethebest
25-11-17, 16:39
I hope i can cut lose these thoughts but they keep come and go. Ill try to keep myself busy and think in a positive way. Thank you very much i appreciate ur reply

Hopethebest
12-12-17, 10:30
hi guys again . another wave of anxiety each time i have cold or flu. always testing my swallowing i can still drink a lot of water and eat but feel nausea . I called the pasteur instutute again and they confirmed for me that if a dog was contagious at the time of the bite will not live for 7 months (he must die during 15 days of observation) and even if it was at incubation period 6 month are far enough for the dog to show illness signs.
my puppy still alive till now and i cant convince myself that am ok and rabies-free.
am exhausted tired i cant think clear.