PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound lymph node questions

jaroslav.prossv
25-11-17, 10:14
Hello, sorry this is like my third thread regarding lymph nodes, but even though 3 gps said I am ok, I decided to push for an ultrasound.
Results:
Right posterior triangle - 9 mm and 5 mm lymph nodes, all other aspects such as the cortex, roudness etc. seem good.
Left posterior triangle - 10 mm lymph node with the same characteristics. The thing that worries me is the size, because it is pretty much on the bordeline, but still ok I guess.

The one that leaves me worried the most is my groin.
Left side - 9 mm and 4 mm lymph nodes, all oval
Right side - 15x5 mm lymph node.
The one on the right is labeled as enlarged, but what worries me the most is the fact that the lady has put on the paper "degeneration of fat in the hilus" and it seems like it is for all the lymph nodes in the groin. I read the report at home, so I forgot to ask, but she said it is definitaly not lymphoma (however a lot of people lymphoma was missed this way)

Anyone has experience with the fat in hilum thing ? There is really not a lot of information online. I emailed two hematologists and will bring it to my gp on monday, so I wonder what they will have to say.

Thanl you

Fishmanpa
25-11-17, 15:43
I'm a survivor. Nodes that are millimeters in size are normal. The nodes in my neck were in the centimeters. By the time they removed them I had two over 5cm in size! They also grew fast. From the time I first noticed them until they were removed was 6 months.

As I always say... Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Poking and prodding will cause a node to enlarge and it can become shotty if you continue to self examine (which you're doing).

Go celebrate... you're good! :D

Positive thoughts

jaroslav.prossv
25-11-17, 17:23
I'm a survivor. Nodes that are millimeters in size are normal. The nodes in my neck were in the centimeters. By the time they removed them I had two over 5cm in size! They also grew fast. From the time I first noticed them until they were removed was 6 months.

As I always say... Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Poking and prodding will cause a node to enlarge and it can become shotty if you continue to self examine (which you're doing).

Go celebrate... you're good! :D

Positive thoughts

That is nice, I am happy you are cured :) But I do not think you had Lymphoma, this disease is quite different. Do you havy any experience with the Fatty hilus thing ?

Fishmanpa
25-11-17, 17:59
That is nice, I am happy you are cured :) But I do not think you had Lymphoma, this disease is quite different. Do you havy any experience with the Fatty hilus thing ?

It doesn't matter because cancer is cancer and you don't have cancer. I have a nodule on my lung. It's been documented many times in my scans. It's harmless like your fatty hilus thing. In fact, medical journals confirm the opposite. A lot of hilus fat indicates an issue. Plus, three doctors and an ultrasound confirm no issue. You can keep pushing for a diagnosis that will never come or accept the test results and get help with your anxiety. It really is that simple.

As I said, cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

jaroslav.prossv
25-11-17, 21:21
It doesn't matter because cancer is cancer and you don't have cancer. I have a nodule on my lung. It's been documented many times in my scans. It's harmless like your fatty hilus thing. In fact, medical journals confirm the opposite. A lot of hilus fat indicates an issue. Plus, three doctors and an ultrasound confirm no issue. You can keep pushing for a diagnosis that will never come or accept the test results and get help with your anxiety. It really is that simple.

As I said, cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts

Thx man, the fatty hilus is confusing, most of the stuff I read online said that thinning or lack of it is bad and can indicate cancer. Its good that my lymph node is still relatively small and oval, I will try to get it off my mind, but still get another ultrasound in a week, just to see if the lymph node is doing anything. Thank you for your time.