PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing MS Scare

ZLW_xo
25-11-17, 14:34
Since last November I have been having so many weird symptoms and I’ve not felt the same since.

It started when I woke up one morning with numbness on left side of face and little finger on left hand and I was really dizzy, when I drunk I have a weird taste in mouth. The next day I had a migraine and was being sick! The numbness went the next day. Although I seem to always wake up with a numb pinky nearly every night since. Anyway I then googled my symptoms and MS came up. Well from that day I have experienced pretty much every MS symptom, here’s what I’ve experienced.

I then felt achy and kept feeling like I was burning then cold. My legs felt like a cool burning sensation, I couldn’t eat and just felt sick. Which led to me losing a stone in weight in just a week. I then started getting a cold feeling in my left ankle.

The sickness past, but from then I have had an on going feeling of not feeling 100%. Like something changed in me.

Then all I can describe is Dp/Dr started to happen, I didn’t feel like I was part of anything, nothing felt natural, my family and Home felt like it was mine and I was totally detached. When I walk, move my arms, it’s like my mind questions it, I feel like my mind and movements are separated.

My right leg then felt like it's wobbling when I walked, but I didn’t notice it all the time. I then started getting pricking in right foot and right hand when stretching them. I then developed flashes in my eyes like looked into a light and looked away. I then had a feeling that I had burnt my tongue. Then the twitching started, I was getting it everywhere all over body I still get it now it seems to come and go.

I just feel like I'm losing my mind. I can't think clearly. When speak words don't seem right and tongue feels weird. My legs go though stages where at a week at a time my legs feel like buzzing. I also seem to get a burning feeling weeks at a time that come every now and again. Plus a prickly feeling all over my body for days at a time that passes and then recurs again. I don’t experience any form of numbness, I just get a whole feeling of just feeling numb! Like every touch I feel on my skin doesn’t feel right, almost like I’ve forgotten how anything suppose to feel. I went to a Dr in January and they said it was Anxiety. But 10 months later I’m still here having these feelings.. I just feel like I’m driving my self mad with worry.. is this Ms... or is this Anxiety! I know I should probably go back to a Dr but I seem to just avoid it, because I’m worried for the outcome!

Doctor ran a blood test, everything ok!

No Mri

Just wondering if anyone else has an idea to whether I’m getting myself at it or I should seriously go to a DR because it sounds like MS!

melfish
25-11-17, 18:09
Wow, I have nearly all these things going on, but MS has never been on my radar. I often feel like my brain and body aren't connected properly, particularly with my left arm. It's like I have to manually control it almost. Same with my speech. I also have the prickling and buzzing. I wake up with either numb or pins and needles fingers most nights. Sometimes my skin hurts to touch. I still don't think I have MS. My fear is something different, and I attribute most of these sensory symptoms to my anxiety. I think we have become hyperaware of our body's and our minds focus in on every little sensation, looking for danger, trying to keep us "safe", but all that happens is that it fuels and fight/flight cycle. I really don't think you have anything sinister going on, I just think your body is a heightened state of arousal, with too much adrenaline which has to be used up somehow (hence all the buzzing and twitching and strange sensations). Do you work out? That can really help.

ZLW_xo
25-11-17, 21:39
Yes but for such a prolonged amount of time. It’s been a whole year and although I haven’t got worse in any way. I just haven’t felt any better! No I don’t, perhaps I should take up some sort of hobby. I seem to feel a little better when I’m busy , but it’s still there like a nagging feeling.

melfish
25-11-17, 21:46
I mentioned exercise specifically as it can burn up a lot of that excess adrenaline and cortisol, give it healthier outlet. It's so hard to tease apart what's anxiety and what's a "symptom", though. I can understand your worry.

ZLW_xo
06-12-17, 15:18
I’ve been having these symptoms for a whole year now and it’s just not letting up. I just feel like I’m never going to get over this.. everyone and everything doesn’t feel right! I really think this is MS!!!

Potter86
06-12-17, 16:30
I’ve been having these symptoms for a whole year now and it’s just not letting up. I just feel like I’m never going to get over this.. everyone and everything doesn’t feel right! I really think this is MS!!!

I have been having some of them synptoms for about 6 months especially the vibrating in the body...i have seen 3 or 4 different doctors who have all said the same thing...stress and anxiety.....

ZLW_xo
06-12-17, 16:43
It’s not constant, I have a certain symptom for a few days. Then I get another, then I return back to symptoms I’ve had before, it’s a viscous circle!
But apart from the symptoms the brain fog I’ve experienced since November last year has not improved at all !

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:37 ----------

One thing I will say is I had something very similar happen when I was about 13/14. I had the brain fog and DP/DR when I was going through a weird spell cause we had mice. I recently got access to my medical records and it stated that I was suffering from Anxiety NOS back then. I then got a cat and the problem resolved it’s self. Now 10 years later I’m suffering again but to a lot more degree!