PDA

View Full Version : Mammogram and glasses!

JaneS
26-11-17, 09:40
Does anyone know if it’s ok to wear glasses when having a mammogram? I had one on Friday followed by an ultrasound. I wore them initially for the first two pictures and then took them off and held them in my hand for the next two pictures. I did not wear any jewellery or antiperspirant and was not asked to remove my glasses by the mammographer, so am presuming it’s not a problem and won’t have affected the results. Everything came back normal but now I am doubting the results because of wearing/holding my glasses during the mammogram. If anyone has any advice to ease my mind I would be grateful.

nomorepanic
26-11-17, 13:06
If it was an issue they would have told you specifically not to wear them.

I cannot see any reason why glasses would interfere with a mammogram

JaneS
26-11-17, 17:35
Thanks for your reply - I appreciate that. I guess I am thinking of any metal that might be in them. I really can't be the only woman who has worn her glasses for a mammogram or jewellery come to that?!

pulisa
26-11-17, 18:19
Am very pleased that your mammogram was clear. Why would wearing glasses affect the result? How could this possibly hide dubious tissue /microcalcifications? You're in the clear and can put that worry out of your mind.

JaneS
26-11-17, 22:08
Thanks Pulisa, it was just whether the metal in glasses might affect the x ray. I’m sure the mammographers know what they are doing. I just get these crazy doubts and can’t get them out of my head!