PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety making me ill? Can't stop it:(

Cakelady
26-11-17, 12:31
I have started getting bad stomach pains & feeling sick when my anxiety raises. I am actually thinking all the worrying is making me actually ill. I don't think I will ever get past this ha it goes on & on. I have had constant cpn input for 11 years & I am not getting better....if anything I am worse than ever. I can't take medication cos I am scared it will do something bad to me, yes stupid but try telling my brain that. My head is just so messed up but to be honest it gets to the point that I wake each day full of dread.....:scared15:

Bleet
26-11-17, 21:49
So sorry to hear your going through the HA wars. You are right though, your anxiety is making you Ill, or more likely making you 'feel' ill. I understand about being scared of anxiety meds, I am the same. Has your CPN recommended any treatment, like CBT?

Stay strong

june
26-11-17, 22:11
(I can't take medication cos I am scared it will do something bad to me, yes stupid but try telling my brain that.)
this is a problem for me as well - so called friends and family think i am very silly for not taking meds - they have no idea of the fear even looking at tablets give me . xx:mad:
I have had CBT and group therapies - which are fine - but then the course is finished and they tell you you are well and can cope - a few weeks later comes the crash ..............

Cakelady
26-11-17, 22:23
So sorry to hear your going through the HA wars. You are right though, your anxiety is making you Ill, or more likely making you 'feel' ill. I understand about being scared of anxiety meds, I am the same. Has your CPN recommended any treatment, like CBT?

Stay strong
Thank you for your reply. We are doing CBT & challenging thinking. Trouble is my fears are so ingrained I struggle to be rational with them at times, if that makes sense?x

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

(I can't take medication cos I am scared it will do something bad to me, yes stupid but try telling my brain that.)
this is a problem for me as well - so called friends and family think i am very silly for not taking meds - they have no idea of the fear even looking at tablets give me . xx:mad:
I have had CBT and group therapies - which are fine - but then the course is finished and they tell you you are well and can cope - a few weeks later comes the crash ..............
Thankyou for replying. Oh goodness, I thought I was the only one who felt that way! It's something I can't get past. ...
Yeah I guess I am similar. I am on more long term therapy but yes I too can be OK then some trigger sends me into a tailspin & back to rock bottom....x

AntsyVee
26-11-17, 23:42
Your anxiety is making you sicker than any meds will during start up.

If a doc prescribed you meds, it was because s/he thinks you need them regardless of start-up side effects. They will probably also help you work your CBT program more. If I were you, I would give them a chance. When you find the right med, it can do wonders for you. Mine have helped me tremendously, and I plan on staying on them indefinitely.

june
26-11-17, 23:57
Your anxiety is making you sicker than any meds will during start up.

If a doc prescribed you meds, it was because s/he thinks you need them regardless of start-up side effects. They will probably also help you work your CBT program more. If I were you, I would give them a chance. When you find the right med, it can do wonders for you. Mine have helped me tremendously, and I plan on staying on them indefinitely.

I know that you are right and meds can help - but - I had bad reactions to meds when I was younger and since then I find it hard to even take paracetamol. The smallest ache or pain gets magnified out of all proportion - to make matters worse at the moment have had couple bad giddy turns on waking up - you can imagine the fear ................. xx

AntsyVee
27-11-17, 00:43
All I can say, is when you hit rock bottom, the only place you can go is up. When I did, I was willing to do anything to get my life back on track.