PDA

View Full Version : I'm terrified. Cervical Cancer, Colcoscopy. Lump on Cervix.

PanickedMama
26-11-17, 14:53
I am 29 and have three Beautiful Children, 5, 4 and nearly 2. This all began when My periods returned one year after the birth of my 3rd child, December last year. Since February my periods have become very irregular, ranging from what was normal 35/38 days to now 100 +. They are also much shorter and lighter, from 7 days to 5. I have also been having spotting (brown/red/pink) usually on CD (cycle day 17) For 2-4 days. Then in August i had bright pink spotting for 7 days one week before i ovulated. I ended up having a misscarriage in September. Following the misscariage i had spotting on cycle day 17 for 4 days and 18 days later 12 days of heaver pink spotting, still not enough for a pad or tampons. I am now on CD 77, No spotting or sign of period coming.

Originally i thought i was showing signs of ovarian cancer until i had a transvaginal ultrasound and they could see nothing.

Then the begining of November i was checking my cervix when i felt alot of little bumps on the top of my cervix above the opening and a large "growth" on the bottom of the opening to my cervix. The "Growth" is smooth, the size of a large pea and feels like it is my cervix but its deformed a bit. As though this part has grown up and out.

I looked up google to see what it could be - Cervical Cancer.

The GP checked my cervix with a nurse. After accusing me of not knowing where my cervix was and questioning how could i find it, why was i looking for it..... she says she cant see any lump but said i have a bit of erosion, she didnt care to elaborate so after googling i see that it is fairly common but nothing accounts for this big lump - Which is definitely there.

Except Cancer.

I also have severe back pain which has been around since the birth of my 3rd but now its effecting my hips and legs.

Increase in discharge and watery discharge.

I Had a Pap Smear in April. Normal and one in January 2012. Normal. Missed one in 2015.

I have had 2 Transvaginal ultrasounds. One for PCOS another for misscariage which were all normal. Other than signs of PCOS.

Last week i was in the ER after day long anxiety attack, Nurse took Blood tests for calcium, iron, kidney. All Normal. Sent me home with 2 Ativan.

My GP is now sending me for a colposcopy on the 19th of December.
Refuses to give me any anti anxiety meds other than a 7 day prescription for 250 mcg of Gerax. Insists i get CBT.

I am so scared that this is cervical cancer. I have no faith in Pap Smears or my doctor at this point. The Idea of a colposcopy has me terrified aswell.

I just cant shake the thought that this is it. Im thoroughly convinced i have cervical cancer. Its all i can think about, i cant function.
I look at my kids and see them without me and my heart breaks. My husband, while supportive, i know he thinks im being ridiculous, we went through something similiar in January when i was convinced i had mouth cancer. This time is different though. I am having anxiety attacks every day at the thought of this, except know one is taking it seriously and this time i'm right.

Anyone who has any experience similar to mine and care to share, i would greatly appreciate it.

tmckenzie-orr
26-11-17, 15:12
This is purely just anxiety which is brought on from the fear of being unwell and dying and leaving your lovely family behind exactly the same as me when I get my anxiety moments, it’s horrible and we go looking for things thinking we are saving our life in fact we don’t really know what we are looking for and always find something diffeeent or shouldn’t be there, a normal person wouldn’t look at there cervix etc, just try get your cbt help ASAP it does help and try avoid the tablets all they do is mask the problem up you are fine and don’t worry if the docs ain’t worried nor should you, and the clonoscopy will be over in no time and nothing to worry about so don’t beat yaself up best of luck

O_O
26-11-17, 15:36
I'm going through something similar. I'm seeing a gynecologist tomorrow, in fact, and I have a very bad feeling.

I had a miscarriage which went on for a long time, but culminated with an MVA in mid September. My HCG dropped slowly afterwards, so I think I still have some retained tissue at the placental implantation site, but I am now on my second period since the MVA. My first period was very heavy, despite my endometrium only being 5mm a few days before, and this period seems lighter but is basically all blood clots. I'm also getting weird pains in my hips and back that I've never had before with periods, and the pain seems to be concentrated on the placental implantation site.

The current issue is my cervix though. I did a self exam (I wouldn't recommend it) and found a strange shaped red patch. My GP thinks it's an ectropion. I imagine when you say erosion you mean the same thing as ectropion? I also have some small bumps, which I hope are just nabothian cysts. I don't have a large lump like you.

I hope that what we both have is just ectropion and nabothian cysts. Very common anatomical features if so. Plus, pregnancy can make both these things more pronounced and ectropions can cause increased discharge. I too have been having some strange pains, in my lower back and pelvic area, and have in the past occasionally had spotting after sex etc which I just put down to hormones as it was infrequent.

I've had clear smears in the past too, most recently in December 2016, and I did a home HPV test which was clear (and I hope reliable...) but, like you, I am thinking my symptoms add up to one thing.

So we do have some very similar symptoms and are in a similar situation. I'll let you know how the gynecologist goes. I hope we're both fine, and I will be thinking about you.