PDA

View Full Version : Just want to hear your advice guys ...

tan235
27-11-17, 06:02
Hey All,
So as you know I've been dealing with twitching.
I still have eye twitching and developed mouth tremors, rather than twitching, so as you know if I purse my lips or whistle my mouth tremors, now when I open my mouth wide my lips tremor, I noticed this because I was trying to get a tonsil stone out of my mouth.
Anyway .... I know that some of you experience similar twitching, but how do you get past it?
If i half smile my lips twitch, now when I open my mouth wide my lips twitch, I also noticed this at the dentist many times too when you're sitting in the chair etc.
The neurologist has said to quote, " I have reassured her this is completely a component of her anxiety and does not require further medical testing."

That's cool but I still can't help but go .. really?
This is a serious tremor in my mouth .. can it really be caused by anxiety - so I come here to others like me - to ask again, do you get this in your mouth, tremors?
When you half smile, tremors, when you open your mouth wide or purse your lips, do your lips quiver?
Is it really anxiety???

nivekc251
27-11-17, 07:06
Stop thinking like this. You have to shut it down and let it go. Trust me I know from experience . I had a horrible day today half of it was a struggle trying not to stress out about twitching and hand tremors etc.. Lol it's always something . I had to meditate and it helped me focus and realize all the thoughts I was having were irrational. Anxiety is a motherf×××××. <--- best sentence ever lol. Let this go , you've been to the Neuro and had a clinical you are fine. I'm not sure if you've tried therapy but if not it does help. It helped me A LOT. Medication does also I didn't like it because at the time my body was so hyper sensitive and it just wasn't for me lol. I have Xanax I use when needed I may take 1 or 2 a month now and that's mainly because of therapy. If I ever needed to take them daily I would get back on anti depressants. You can do this BFS sucks and it's scary as hell, but we all need to acknowledge it is benign. It won't get better until out minds realize this.

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 ----------

You will get twitches and tremors everywhere trust me. I had a lip tremor it lasted a couple of days it freaked me out . Then I had a twitch on the side of my face that would move my nose lol. Both went away just as fast as they began.

tan235
27-11-17, 08:08
Thank you Nivekc, my twitches don't pass that's the main issue - they just hang around.
I'm a bit over them to be honest .. but yes .. get over this way of thinking, you're right!

nivekc251
27-11-17, 08:22
I have my steady hot spots calves feet that are constantly twitching. My calves were like a lightning storm today just firing off like crazy. But I'll also get the occasional tremor and other hotspots that come and go. You just got to take it one day at a time and don't panic. They can be so annoying like I've seriously wanted to punch them at times lol like wack a mole but with twitches lol.

pulisa
27-11-17, 08:36
Thank you Nivekc, my twitches don't pass that's the main issue - they just hang around.
I'm a bit over them to be honest .. but yes .. get over this way of thinking, you're right!

There's an obvious reason why your twitches/tremors hang around-you are focussing on them and giving them too much attention when you have been given a neurological clean bill of health.

How is your challenge going?

tan235
27-11-17, 08:48
Oh yes my challenge..... I forgot about my challenge.. OMG I'm terrible!!!

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Also I have that ... yes the neurologist said I'm fine but what if.... what if he was wrong ... what if he's only focussing on the anxiety ... what if .......

pulisa
27-11-17, 08:54
Oh yes my challenge..... I forgot about my challenge.. OMG I'm terrible!!!

---------- Post added at 08:48 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

Also I have that ... yes the neurologist said I'm fine but what if.... what if he was wrong ... what if he's only focussing on the anxiety ... what if .......

Well then you'll go on twitching...

---------- Post added at 08:54 ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 ----------

Do you honestly think a trained neurologist would make such a basic mistake? Why is he still in a job if he's incompetent?

tan235
27-11-17, 10:02
I know ... I know, I know it's not logical.. but it's still there .. those annoying OCD thoughts.