PDA

View Full Version : Is nail polish dangerous? Can it damage my organs?

WorriedTex
27-11-17, 09:45
I was on a coach bus earlier this morning and a woman sat 2 seats back from me. She had obviously just applied nail polish or varnish or whatever and I could smell it slightly. Obviously I was in front of her so I assume most of the fumes travelled towards the rear of the bus, but it still worried me a whole lot to the point of praying silently to myself. Was this dangerous? Could it damage my brain? I was only in the bus for a max. of 15 minutes. A similar event happened 2 weeks ago but that time a lady applied nail varnish on the bus. I am really worried and can't focus on any of my work right now, so I'm typing this.

tan235
27-11-17, 10:00
You'll be fine!
I've been on a plane and the woman beside me put on bloody nail polish, that plane ride was 12 hours!!!!!
Think about those women that apply nail polish all the time in those salons .... they are there 8 hours a day!
Stop worrying.

lofwyr
27-11-17, 14:01
As long as you are not eating it, that kind of exposure isn't even as bad as the toxins you get walking down a street.

WorriedTex
27-11-17, 14:05
Thanks for the reassuring replies everyone. I can't thank ya'll enough. Seriously, the simple reassuring phrases and anecdotes really made me feel more comfortable. I can now continue my day's work in relative peace.