PDA

View Full Version : Looking for empathy i guess

Raza
27-11-17, 11:44
Hello,

I dont know where to start with this but i just want like minded people to talk to about anxiety/depression etc. The last 5 or so years i have been struggling with severe anxiety problems which eventually led me to be diagnosed with depression. I am a stubborn person and to actually accept this was happening was very difficult for me and its only since this year i have started taking medication to help with my issues.

The medication aspect i will leave for another post in a sub forum but i feel i have reached a wall in my recovery and its because i have very few people to talk to who have been through similar experiences. So i hope to be able to share stories and personal experiences with you all whether its good or bad and hopefully together we can make each day a better one for each other.

Im looking for any sort of advice that people have that they think could help me. Just to give you some background info on who i was and what i used to do before i fell into this illness, i was a semi professional basketball player and i was in the best mental and physical shape of my life in 2011/2012 before this awful illness started to take hold of me. I was a very active person with a good job, a partner, friends, ambition and to be honest i just enjoyed life.

Just thinking about the contrast to who i was then and who i am now makes me feel like i have a brick in my stomach. As i write this i can feel the anxiety racing through my body at the thought of asking strangers on the internet for help but i have hit a wall.

I wont be beaten by depression no matter how long it takes......

venusbluejeans
27-11-17, 12:02
Hiya Raza and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Bigboyuk
27-11-17, 12:21
Hi Raza and welcome yeah can relate to Depression had it for years Iam med free and doing my best to get therapy which is often a up hill struggle but getting there :)
And like your last sentence I wont be beaten by depression how ever long it takes :cool: ATB