PDA

View Full Version : Dialated pupils

Chlobo
27-11-17, 16:09
I started Citalopram a few days ago and my pupils look pretty huge. I致e googled it and it says it can be a side effect and when I shine a light they do go smaller but I have to shine it right into my pupil for them to go tiny. I was hoping these meds would help me not make my health anxiety worse. My eyes are reacting to light but not as sensitive as they would usually it seems. I知 back to the doctor on Wednesday to review my meds and I値l mention it to her but I知 worried 😞

Anyone had this before when starting meds? I知 also feeling quite sick, loss of appetite etc x

oxoshannon
27-11-17, 16:16
This happened to me when I started on Citalopram, I looked super high but it went away after a few days!
Not to worry, it is totally normal :) xxx

Fishmanpa
27-11-17, 16:17
Good going on starting the meds. The first step to healing is often the most difficult. Glad to see you take it!

Positive thoughts

O_O
27-11-17, 16:31
I'm not on meds yet but have been considering citalopram and have researched quite a bit. It seems these sorts of symptoms are really common at first, and transient. I know that these sort of drugs can actually make you feel a bit more anxious for the first couple of weeks... so if you can just fight through that you should soon start to feel better and better! Good luck.

Mindphaser
27-11-17, 16:54
No worries, when I was taking Sertraline i had uneven pupils sometimes (and it's not know side effect, which was even more worrisome), those drugs interfere much with our nervous system.

Chlobo
27-11-17, 19:17
Thanks all for your replies, it’s calmed me down a bit. I’m gonna stop looking at h and obsessing over them. I really don’t want too feel like this anymore, I’m afraid all the time and it’s tireing