PDA

View Full Version : Finally, a GP that actually listens. May be getting somewhere at last

Redsoles
27-11-17, 18:28
So my ongoing worries have been related to bowel/ stomach issues and my fears were colon or ovarian c.

I changed my GP and I’ve seen him for the first time tonight. I’ve seen him a couple of times before when I’ve been to walk in and he always seemed to listen so I asked to be put on his list.

Long story short he’s referred me for an abdo and pelvic scan and then camera tests if he feels they are necessary, which he said he will do himself.

Obviously now I’m panicking about the actual scans and what they will find having already convinced myself there’s something sinister going on, but also relieved to have someone actively do something rather than tell me to take up yoga.

So although I’m terrified of the scans, it’s a good thing, no?

tmckenzie-orr
27-11-17, 18:49
It’s what you wanted , but the unknown is scary so until you know you are clear of anything u will worry about it but once the all clear comes back you need to drop it :)

Fishmanpa
27-11-17, 18:52
It's an interesting paradox of HA. Many feel their being fobbed off and then one doctor actually listens and practices CYA medicine (cover you arse), it sends the sufferer into a worry spiral.

My opinion is that all will be fine. The "Told ya so gang" will be standing by ;)

Positive thoughts