PDA

View Full Version : Depressed & anxious

dancerja77
28-11-17, 03:39
So I go through phases where my anxiety and depression is very low. I almost feel “cured” in a sense. Then all the sudden it comes back. I’m wondering if the changing of the seasons triggered this, (or that I’m coming down with a cold which triggers it) but lately I’ve been feeling extremely off. I have no interest in doing anything but laying in my bed. I don’t want to see my boyfriend, I don’t want to work, I don’t want to do anything which I would normally love to do. Nothing changed, I don’t understand why I am feeling this way. Could this be my depression? I am terrified that I’m never going to feel normal again. What if I never get my “normal” feelings back. I haven’t had a sex drive in a few weeks, and I’ve been very moody and sleepy. No- I am not pregnant. I talked to my doctor and she thinks starting a low mg of Zoloft might help. I am just extremely scared and worried I will feel like this forever. Is this normal signs of depression? My sister has depression and anxiety and has done excellent on Zoloft. I’m just really worried that I’ll feel like “blah” forever.

Juggar
28-11-17, 07:04
Sounds like classic depression. Honestly, if your sister responded well to a drug then there is a high chance you will as well.

You won’t feel like this forever, evaluate it with your doctor and see what you can do. Seasonal depression is real, I’ve read many times that this time of the year with the colder seasons can lead to a seasonal depression.

It gets darker earlier, colder out and in general puts a damper on things, maybe that’s why it causes depression.

Best of luck.

SG
01-12-17, 13:09
This happened to me this morning and I opened my eyes and didn't want to get out of bed. The thought of dragging myself up and going to work was almost impossible. I feel completely listless, hopeless and anxious most of the time lately. I just keep reminding myself that i have felt this way before and I got better and I will again. Surrounding myself with friends/family and distractions help. Hope you're feeling better soon.

emmegee
02-12-17, 19:56
So I go through phases where my anxiety and depression is very low. I almost feel “cured” in a sense. Then all the sudden it comes back. I’m wondering if the changing of the seasons triggered this, (or that I’m coming down with a cold which triggers it) but lately I’ve been feeling extremely off. I have no interest in doing anything but laying in my bed. I don’t want to see my boyfriend, I don’t want to work, I don’t want to do anything which I would normally love to do. Nothing changed, I don’t understand why I am feeling this way. Could this be my depression? I am terrified that I’m never going to feel normal again. What if I never get my “normal” feelings back. I haven’t had a sex drive in a few weeks, and I’ve been very moody and sleepy. No- I am not pregnant. I talked to my doctor and she thinks starting a low mg of Zoloft might help. I am just extremely scared and worried I will feel like this forever. Is this normal signs of depression? My sister has depression and anxiety and has done excellent on Zoloft. I’m just really worried that I’ll feel like “blah” forever.

This is exactly how it is for me too. My therapist thinks its cyclic and related to seasons. I have this inherent anxiety that I will place on hypochcondria from time to time, which sends me into a spiral of depression. I have been on zoloft for the better part of twenty years. It feels like it will never get better, yet it always does. You just have to get through it. I need to start zoloft very low (12.5 mg) and increase very slowly or else it makes my anxiety skyrocket. It does work for me but takes several weeks to kick in. I am currently thinking I won't ever go off it again... Hope you feel better.