PDA

View Full Version : help!

flatterycat
21-06-07, 19:39
Please can someone help? I had a strange experience yesterday where I felt very strange. I had a moment which felt a bit like deja vu, which followed with a feeling of intense panic. Then I looked around my bathroom (where I was painting) and I felt like I didn't recognise my surroundings! I am SO scared. I googled my symptoms and it kept coming up with partial seizures - epilepsy! Terrified now. Went to doc who said she thought it was anxiety. But why did my bathroom look strange to me? I mean I see it everyday. Can anyone relate?

kimmiepie
21-06-07, 19:54
I have had moments like this. They're very hard to describe and very scary!

I don't know why the happen but I know there's nothing wrong with me as I've had 2 MRI's on my brain and other tests.

I know it's anxiety, even though I can't explain why.

Try to relax. :hugs:

nomorepanic
21-06-07, 20:17
It is derealization and depersonalisation I am afraid and very very common with anxiety.

cattttt
23-06-07, 06:31
I can relate to this too, a sudden feeling of "where am I?" even though you're in your own home, really scary. Didn't realise it was anxiety until recently, but it's happened a few times over the years.

Dying_Swan
23-06-07, 10:02
Hello.

Sorry you had this scary experience. I think you should try to trust in your Doctor, and what others have said here though - it is anxiety - derealisation and depersonalization.

Don't know if it helps, but my dad used to have minor epilepsy where he would have short episodes of being unable to communicate. When these happened, he knew where he was and he knew what people were saying, he just couldn't really respond. They used to last about 20 seconds and were gone. So, if you are still worried, go back to the GP, but certainly his started after a massive seizure, not just a one-off blip :)

Really try not to worry. We've all been there with our anxiety and know it's scary. It's important just to remember anxiety is all it is, and it can't hurt you. And try not to Google!!! :)

boy
25-06-07, 22:35
I can sort of relate - I don't know abotut eh deja vu and panic feeling,s but until the age of 9 or 10 my whole surroundings, despite looking exactly the same FELT like a different place altogether. Thinking back (I can still remember the difference) my familiar surroundings would seem relatively unrecognisable despite looking the same... does this relate/do you undertsand what I'm waffling about?

Basically maybe you just saw your bathroom in a different 'light' - perhaps in the way it felt when you first ever stepped into it (like how when you go on holiday the rooms feel different after you grow accustomed to them)?