PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Janey85
28-11-17, 12:52
I'm dying I know it. I can sense it. Ok so I was diagonsed with anxiety a while back. Anyway just over a week ago I came down with a virus. I'm usually someone who is ill for a couple of days. This had been over a week now. The aches and pains have gone the sore throat has gone. What remains though is palpitations which catch my breath, lots of wind, extremely fatigued. Feeling sick, no appetite, heart beating super fast. A feeling of impending doom. I have had 3 ECG and a blood test . Nothing had been detected bit I'm not convinced. I've got myocarditis I can sense it. Even when I'm just sitting doing nothing my hearts pounding. Also I'm coughing up white phlegm. If you google my symptoms heart failure is on it. I know googling is wrong. It's just knowing how quick I usually get over being sick and how long this is taking. It's something serious. I can't sleep. Can't eat. I don't dare move too much incase it aggravates my heart. Oh and I told the Dr I can't even get up the stairs without my heart pounding and becoming breathless. So how can it be all 3 ECGs are clear. I mean they don't keep them on you for very long do they? I'm just really scared I'm going to die at any moment. Help anyone?

ana
28-11-17, 14:38
You are not dying. :)

We've all had times where our anxiety symptoms have been so severe, we were convinced we were at death's door. However, seeing as your physical health was compromised, your mind went into overdrive and decided to fixate onto looking for things that are 'wrong' with you. I've been through the 'I'm dying/have brain cancer' many times before, and I'm still alive and kicking after 16 years of anxiety and panic attacks.

You are very anxious, which is why your heart is beating rapidly and you're out of breath, so perhaps seeing a counsellor might be helpful because you appear to be ok physically.

It's just in your mind, believe me. :hugs:

Janey85
28-11-17, 14:42
Thankyou for your response. Deep down I know this but anxiety tells me otherwise. I was seeing a counsellor, then seemed to be doing good. Being sick has set me right back. Daft thing is half my family have this viral infection too with same symptoms but non of them are convinced they are dying. Anxiety sucks.

ana
28-11-17, 17:43
It really does suck. It's sad how our minds torture us and convince us of bad, dangerous things that are out there... except that they're not. :unsure:

Janey85
28-11-17, 18:29
I'm really scared . I was perfectly fine and out if no where I got this heavy feeling all over and my chest went tight. I'm now in panic attack because I feel like I'm about to die. I feel like the drs or the ECG missed something. Also sharp pains in chest.

ana
28-11-17, 20:16
The feeling of impending doom, like you're imploding and on the verge of losing your mind and/or dying are what anxiety is all about. In the moment, when your mind is being clouded by anxiety, you can't tell yourself that you're not actually in any kind of danger because the fear is overwhelming and very onvincing. Saying that, staying in the situation that makes you feel badly, lowering your anxiety levels through breathing slowly and deeply, and reassuring yourself that you are just having a panic attack are the things that'll help you prove to yourself that it's all in your head.

The doctors haven't missed anything. Please take comfort in that, whatever is happening to you, is purely psychological and therefore under your control. Your emotions are your own. :)

Janey85
28-11-17, 20:22
Thankyou so much for replying. I have to try stop letting my thoughts take over. I really hate anxiety at times

ana
29-11-17, 10:33
I hate it all the time. :winks:

No problem. I know it's a constant, inner struggle, but it's about re-programming your brain to not be so perceptive of threats that are not real.

purplepie
29-11-17, 16:08
Hi there

The feeling of 'What remains though is palpitations which catch my breath, lots of wind, extremely fatigued. Feeling sick, no appetite, heart beating super fast. A feeling of impending doom' is exactly how I feel at the moment. I have suffered from severe anxiety in the past and I am not sure at the moment if anxiety is getting the better of me or if I have virus that is making anxiety worse....whichever way, it is frightening and makes you feel back to square one when anxiety and panic where at it's worse. I am a qualified counsellor so I can do all the cbt stuff and I know that when panic, feeling faint, spacy etc hits that I shouldn't castastrophise, but when you are in the middle of that feeling it is hard to think anything else.

So it probably is anxiety and you are not dying but those horrible feelings make you feel like you are and that the gp's are missing stuff.

Big hug

purplepie x

Janey85
29-11-17, 21:16
Hi thankyou purple. This is hell. I am paranoid I'm going to drop dead any minute. I've read some stories on myocarditis. Big mistake I know. Anyway everything I've read is echoing my symptoms.