PDA

View Full Version : speculum hurt, didn't get to cervix?

Mathilda12
28-11-17, 14:22
I'm 17 and a virgin. I was experiencing irregular periods so i went to my gp, he said it's probably hormones and nothing to worry about. I did have a vaginal examination when i was there there with a speculum, it hurt a little like burning so she stopped and said she didn't reach my cervix. The pain wasn't so bad she had to stop she just chose to, it was a mild sting feeling. is it normal for a speculum to hurt, I'm now worried i have endometrosis or vaginismus. my mum died when i was young i don't have anyone to talk to so any sort of advice would mean a lot. thank you!!!

ana
28-11-17, 14:34
Please don't worry, these examinations are always unpleasant because it's natural to not be relaxed during and tensing up makes it hurt more. I'm sure the doctor didn't harm you, nor did you catch anything from the speculum. :) The equipment the doctors use are sanitised and when you get internal scans, they put a condom on the ultra sound device as an additional safety measure.

It's also normal for periods to be irregular, especially at your age. All sorts of things affect your hormones, so just give your body time to balance itself out. The period will come, no worries.

Leslie735
28-11-17, 16:58
I always get the mild burning/stinging sensation when I get my yearly exams. Its normal. You are naturally not relaxed during an exam like that (lets face it, its awkward), so your muscles are going to tense up and make it more uncomfortable. I wouldn't' worry about anything, you're fine. I'm 33 and been getting yearly exams since I was 19.

Mathilda12
03-12-17, 22:54
thank you!!!:flowers:

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

thanks!:)