PDA

View Full Version : How do you cope?

mermaid
28-11-17, 16:44
Hi all,
Having a major episode with anxiety after quite a few years managing with GAD.
Having problems getting to sleep and waking up with the dreaded stomach churning resulting in not eating much at all and the weakness and fatigue that brings.
Upping citalopram from 20mg to 30mg over last few weeks.
What do folks in the same situation do?

Mermaid

Chocolateface
29-11-17, 22:09
Hi

Last night I actually got a teddy and cuddled it have not done this in ages. My anxiety is quite bad at the moment and there is nothing I can do or anyone else can do to help me other than wait and see what will happen.

Tonight I have downloaded a lighthearted book to my kindle so I will try reading something good and see what that does. I am going to try to stay positive but it is very hard to do when your brain tries to make you always think of the worse case scenario for every little thing.

C

mermaid
29-11-17, 22:46
Sorry to hear you’re suffering too. I think we just have to do what feels right at that moment to get through it. I’m watching crap TV to distract myself as can’t concentrate on reading just now.

Would be so nice to be able to switch off my brain sometimes.

Ethansmom
30-11-17, 00:21
Hi Mermaid,
I also suffer from the dreaded stomach churning. I also get a tight throat and a nervous lump in my throat. Its awful. I know. I try to take something to calm down and then do as much as I can to get my mind off of it. Playing with my son, watching TV, talking to my husband, taking a walk, etc. Sometimes it works, and other times I need an extra dose of Xanax.